Release Notes: Fastly Web Application
2019-07-16 Release Notes
- You have a whole bunch of API tokens on your account, but you're only able to see the first 20 of them. Has this ever happened to you? What a pain! Well, we've fixed this so you can once again use pagination controls to see all of your amazing API tokens.
- Setting up logging endpoints with Splunk requires that you provide a URL. We now make this very clear and obvious instead of keeping it to ourselves until you don't enter one.
2019-07-11 Release Notes
- The Submit button on the forgot password page now properly disables itself while sending you a reset email.
2019-03-01 Release Notes
- We've recently given the
X-Forwarded-Forsome self-esteem training. Now, any time you're viewing request settings,
X-Forwarded-Forwill no longer steal the spotlight and prevent the other details from displaying.
2019-02-28 Release Notes
- When searching your services by domain name, we've made sure your results start on page one, no matter what page you might have been on before, which should alleviate that "walking into the middle of a conversation with no idea what's going on" feeling.
- We've made certain to let you know when creating a new service fails with a big shiny error message instead of, well, no useful feedback at all.
- You know that thing where a field would show up in response to something you clicked, but the field wouldn't have focus? Good news! Those fields are now very focused and ready to help! No more extra clicks!
- On some occasions, engineers with limited access to services could be temporarily prevented from editing services they themselves had created. We've adjusted some knobs to ensure that doesn't happen anymore.
- You can add comments to active versions now! No more cloning just to make a helpful note to yourself and others!
2019-02-20 Release Notes
- We've fixed an issue where tax addresses couldn't be properly updated.
- We've allowed users with multiple services to interact with two distinct services across several tabs and windows.
2018-12-12 Release Notes
- We've removed the ability to edit a dictionary item key in the web interface to avoid duplicating records (values can still be edited). To change a key you need to delete the existing one first.
- We've clarified the information icon help text that explains when account API tokens timestamps get updated. This should make accidental deletions a little less likely.
2018-10-31 Spooky Release
- We've busted a spooky bug on the version page where the service switcher wasn't working.
2018-10-30 Spooky Release
- We've cleaned up a creepy-crawly bug on our homepage where certain services were not displaying as expected.
- You can now update version comments for locked versions…if you dare!
2018-10-05 Release Notes
- We've increased security by ensuring a password is required when you request 2FA recovery codes.
2018-09-28 Release Notes
- We've added support for Amazon's new S3 storage class, One Zone-Infrequent Access (S3 One Zone-IA).
- We've fixed some visual discrepancies on the logging pages (format version 1) in the web interface.
- We've fixed a spacing issue on Support page that appeared when errors were triggered.
2018-09-17 Release Notes
- We've restyled the logging icons.
2018-09-06 Release Notes
- Switches in the web interface now display the words "On" and "Off" so you can tell what a feature's status is at a glance.
- We've added drop shadow styling to several button classes.
- If you tried to enable BigQuery logging during onboarding, you may have seen a message about a missing translation instead of the words "Enable a BigQuery endpoint." We've fixed that.
2018-08-30 Release Notes
- You can now resend invitations when they get lost in the mail or are otherwise swallowed by the great digital void on their way to a new user.
2018-08-28 Release Notes
- You weren't hallucinating; every so often you may have seen very old versions of the web application flit past. We've taken our own advice and fixed the caching settings so this doesn't happen again.
2018-08-20 Release Notes
- If you ever tried deleting your current session token from the Fastly application, you may have noticed that the universe bends in strange ways and suddenly found yourself locked out of your account. We've re-calibrated the Large Token Collider to ensure this doesn't happen again.
- You know that thing where you try to click on something but it only works if you click on the text? Yeah, we think that's a pain too, so we fixed that problem for a few navigation links and now the entire navigation button is clickable. So much room for activities!
- When configuring a service, sometimes users who don't have permission to detach a request condition were still being shown a link to do so. We've reviewed our rules and regulations handbook and made sure those links only show up for users who are allowed to perform those actions.
2018-08-16 Release Notes
- We've given our secondary navigation elements some extra love and attention to make sure they are all looking their best and brightest, especially when your mouse hovers over them.
- Users who use SSO to sign into the Fastly application were being prevented from creating API tokens because our security was a little too tight. We've had a one-on-one with the application and it should now properly respect your credentials.
2018-08-14 Release Notes
- The application used to briefly show an error page before redirecting you to the sign in page. We've picked ourselves up, dusted ourselves off and learned from our mistakes.
- We closed a tear in the space-time continuum that allowed skipping ahead in the initial onboarding process.
- Speaking of onboarding, sometimes when things went wrong and error messages wouldn't get displayed. In the interest of being more helpful, we've made sure that those errors are communicated to you at the right time.
- Have you clicked on a button and found yourself wondering if anything actually happened? That sure sounds like a bummer of a time, so we made sure the Create button on the New Service screen shows an indicator while your request is in progress.
2018-08-08 Release Notes
- We made some minor performance improvements by changing how we handle computed properties and aggregate data.
- When you try to access a deleted service, a not-found page now correctly appears.
- Logging token and secret key fields are now properly obfuscated in the web interface.
2018-08-03 Release Notes
- New table styling borrowed from the TLS Management controls is hospitable to things like long URLs and VCL being used for redirects.
- Services with very long names will now be properly truncated when they're viewed on the Configure page.
2018-07-31 Release Notes
- We've fixed the format for the Google BigQuery timestamp.
2018-07-26 Release Notes
- We've clarified the descriptions in the web interface for API tokens and their scope.
- When viewing account information, lists of users and invitations should appear much more quickly now.
2018-07-25 Release Notes
- When switching between services, the table of all services that appears now loads faster and handles long service names better.
- Switching between services now happens a bit more efficiently, especially when you've got a lot of services.
- The Show all services link underneath service names was temporarily missing. We've brought it back.
2018-07-13 Release Notes
- Editing things on the Custom VCL or VCL snippets pages? You can now use command-F and ctrl-F to bring up a search box.
- Exact casing is no longer required when searching for invitations or users in the account management interface. Search in all lowercase like nobody's watching!
2018-07-08 Release Notes
- We've fixed the DNS details link on the Domains page where you manage shared TLS certificates.
2018-07-03 Release Notes
- Service IDs have a bit more breathing room now, so double-clicking them for copy-and-paste purposes should be a bit easier.
2018-06-29 Release Notes
- We've made our confirmation windows a lot more consistent and improved their spacing.
- The Show VCL feature no longer crashes when VCL is very long. Likewise, large VCL Snippets should show marked performance improvements.
- Close buttons on dismissible messages in the web interface could sometimes float above overlapping menus or other elements. We've taught those close buttons valuable lessons about not upstaging fellow cast members.
2018-06-22 Release Notes
- Our blog post summaries are now a little more visually distinct and consistent.
- Numbers snugly enclosed within circles will no longer feel overly squished when their neighbors take up more space.
- JPEQ Quality in the Image Optimizer settings is no longer marked as required.
2018-06-11 Release Notes
- When a bad request is made, and error message from the stats API now appears in the web interface and describes why the request failed.
- We've redesigned the password reset page to make it a little clearer when you need to enter information.
- We've tweaked the design of the company settings information to make each information section a little more distinct.
- Submenus are now a little crisper, visually speaking, to make them easier to see.
- You can now access our most recent blog posts directly from the All services page in the web interface.
2018-06-01 Release Notes
- No really, this time we've really fixed the miss latency heat map on certain Linux browsers.
2018-05-31 Release Notes
- We've fixed the miss latency heat map on certain Linux browsers.
- Request settings that don't specify an X-Forwarded-For header value will no longer be set to "append" unintentionally.
2018-05-24 Release Notes
- To make their purpose clearer, the 2FA icons on the User management page now appear as
2FAinstead of mobile phones.
- We've updated VCL syntax highlighting to make it more consistent and eliminate unhelpful color clutter.
- We've updated the list of browser versions we support to be more specific and more current.
2018-05-16 Release Notes
- As part of our GDPR compliance efforts, we've added a checkbox to our account creation form to allow you to opt in to marketing emails.
- To make their purpose clearer, the 2FA icons on the User management page now appear as mobile phones instead of locks.
2018-05-08 Release Notes
- We now handle errors from our billing and TLS API endpoints a little more elegantly.
- We've tweaked the information descriptions of our Errors graph.
- We've removed the What's New feature.
- Messages about updates to your company profile in your account settings now have a little more room to breathe.
2018-05-04 Release Notes
- We've clarified a subtitle on the All Services page.
- We've added more information to the delete TLS domain window, and we now require you to enter the certificate's fully-qualified domain name before deleting the domain.
2018-04-18 Release Notes
- Services on the All Services page are now sorted by activity (active services before inactive services).
2018-04-05 Release Notes
- Services with very long names now appear truncated in the service selector menu. The full name is still visible on hover.
- Event logs now correctly display "Deleted User" for any account activity performed by a user who has been deleted from an account.
2018-04-03 Release Notes
- We've added searching to our User Management controls. You can now search for existing users as well as invitations you've sent to potential new users. When restricting engineer access to services you can now search by service as well.
- We've made 404 Not Found errors a little clearer when a URL or resource can't be found. You'll now see a 404 page instead of our clever generic error page that shows a fallen snow fanatic and their ski poles.
2018-03-27 Release Notes
- The web interface now correctly handles URLs that include special characters when checking the cache.
2018-03-21 Release Notes
- We have fixed the verification URL displayed on service creation when the domain is a free TLS one.
2018-03-20 Release Notes
- The South America billing region was hiding on billing invoices and was a little confused about its real name. We've encouraged it to take its rightful place with the other billing regions and stats. To ensure South America has a buddy, we've also added the India billing region to reflect our two new POPs in that country.
2018-03-01 Release Notes
- To avoid accidental service configuration rollbacks, we now warn you if you try to roll back a service to a previous version. Also, we now only display the Edit link on a service when the latest in-development version is newer than the active version.
2018-02-23 Release Notes
- Our two-factor authentication login form got temporarily lopsided. It should be back to its normal appearance now.
2018-02-20 Release Notes
- When you enable load balancing, you'll now see the appropriate errors if you try to create a host without specifying the portion of traffic (the "weight") to send to it.
2018-02-12 Release Notes
- The Error Ratio graph now displays 4xx and 503 errors in addition to 5xx errors and allows you to toggle the visibility of each.
- Generated VCL examples copied from a Firefox browser window now have proper line breaks.
- We've clarified the error text that appears when VCL has errors that need fixing.
- The version switcher was occasionally falling asleep on the job. We've given it a wake up call.
2018-02-05 Release Notes
- We've updated the Check cache window to clearly display the content hash returned when you check the cache status of an object.
2018-02-01 Release Notes
- We've made it possible to increase how many of the latest events are visible in the Event log.
- We now correctly allow the creation of new VCL snippets only for unlocked service versions.
2018-01-23 Release Notes
- You can now use the keyboard to navigate search results of services and versions.
- We've fixed a bug where error messages were appearing after a successful change of password.
- We've fixed a bug where the Fastly Image Optimizer graph was missing some text.
2017-11-10 Release Notes
- We've fixed a bug where error messages were not being scrolled to on long forms.
2017-11-08 Release Notes
- We added a confirmation window to make sure you really want to pay the full balance of your bill.
2017-10-25 Release Notes
- We've added a quick guide to the Hosts page that explains how to use the Dynamic Servers API.
- Users performing actions that require passwords no longer have to re-enter their passwords if they refresh their browser within a five-minute window.
- We've removed an extraneous closing-brace from the details view for a host. We suspect ants left it behind after their picnic.
2017-10-20 Release Notes
- We've improved the detail on the world map on the dashboard.
- Those logging endpoint logos? They're no longer unbalanced.
2017-10-17 Release Notes
- Role-based per service access controls are now generally available to all customers.
2017-10-06 Release Notes
- The "Payment" button in Invoice history is now disabled as soon as you click on it, and your account balance is reloaded as soon as the payment is complete.
2017-10-04 Release Notes
- We've made some general styling updates.
- We've corrected the tooltip text for engineers who have read-only access to a service.
2017-09-19 Release Notes
- The Configure and Account controls now use width optimally to make their layout more consistent across the web interface.
- We've disabled autocomplete for logging fields that might control sensitive data.
- Trying to delete a user from an account? If the active API token warning appears, it now provides you the chance to review those tokens or simply delete all of them at once.
- Newline characters are now properly handled in VCL.
2017-09-14 Release Notes
- We made it easier to see errors that might appear when you're filling out a form. They're now a little bolder and a lot more highlighted.
2017-09-11 Release Notes
- We've reworded the warning you see when you attempt to cancel your account. It should now be a little clearer.
- We've fixed an error that made it impossible for you to visit the edit page for logging endpoints with public keys…yikes.
- We've fixed the year menu so it once again shows up in credit card form.
2017-09-07 Release Notes
- Region tiers in billing invoices got a little disorderly during a recent API update. We've given them a stern talking to and now they're properly ordered from most expensive to least so y'all have a good idea of how much cash is going to your cache.
2017-08-23 Release Notes
- We've added labels for real-time stats on the dashboard and service configuration pages.
2017-08-21 Release Notes
- The Dashboard was temporarily confused about which stats to display. We've set it straight and it now displays the correct ones.
- We've fixed the Customer Support contact and multi-factor authentication setup forms. They're no longer lopsided and the fields and buttons are no longer trying to share the same space.
2017-08-16 Release Notes
- We were displaying some request setting info twice. We fixed that. Brevity and all.
2017-08-03 Release Notes
- The format of our billing invoices has been improved and they're now easier to print.
2017-08-01 Release Notes
- Our link to Amazon's AWS Getting Started Guide no longer takes you to the wrong information.
- Hovering your cursor over historical stats would incorrectly display data when there was none. Now the hover properly shows zero when there is no data.
2017-07-28 Release Notes
- We've added a line on our graphs to mark where the average falls for several key metrics. Stats on stats on stats!
- We've cleaned up the button to create your first snippet that was unintentionally crowding out a plus icon.
2017-07-21 Release Notes
- Have you ever said to yourself, "Yo howdy, I really wish I could drag VCL files into an editor. Copy/pasta is so 90s."? Well you're in luck. Now you can drag and drop VCL files into the snippet and custom VCL forms.
- We've fixed stats graphs so they don't try to connect the dots (interpolate) and inadvertently hide when there are gaps in data being received. When there are gaps, the data line now goes back down to zero.
2017-07-19 Release Notes
- Our Soft Purge feature is now available in the web interface when you purge by URL or surrogate key.
- Purge errors were a little muddy so we cleaned them up a bit.
2017-07-17 Release Notes
- Input boxes for date ranges were too skinny so we widened them to make calendar date picker controls line up properly.
- Our dashboard graphs now consistently use the UTC standard.
2017-07-12 Release Notes
- We added domain search to the All Services homepage.
2017-07-05 Release Notes
- We've made the web interface less jumpy when error messages appear.
2017-06-26 Release Notes
- Our performance barbers have shaved a few tenths of a second off the overall load time of the application.
- Region tier prices now show the proper price discount, if any.
- We've fixed a bunch of broken links to our documentation.
2017-06-23 Release Notes
- You can now purge multiple surrogate keys in the web interface.
- On various logging endpoints, we increased the size of a few fields and some of them now automatically resize as well.
- The styling of graphs on the dashboard is now more consistent.
- When upgrading to a paid account, the web interface now correctly displays the new account state.
- Snippets were disappearing when changing service versions. We made them stop doing that.
2017-06-19 Release Notes
- You can now search for services by domain from the list of all services.
- The Datacenter menu on the Dashboard no longer hides service names when used.
2017-06-13 Release Notes
- Company-wide 2FA settings now require you to confirm your decision any time you disable them.
- We've fixed an error that occurred when you enabled, disabled, then re-enabled 2FA. Now you can enable and disable to your ❤️'s content.
2017-06-08 Release Notes
- We've added information about DDoS attacks to the dashboard. We already prevent against DDoS automatically, but not everyone knows that.
- Superusers now can list tokens for any user in their account by going to
- Some very picky gnomes had gotten into our PGP key validator and were rejecting valid keys. We've evicted them.
- The link to Amazon's AWS Getting Started Guide now takes you to the correct location.
- We've added pagination to the lists of tokens.
- We now revalidate your version after saving a snippet so any pesky VCL errors will update.
2017-06-06 Release Notes
- We found some dusty token management pages in the attic and removed them. The token management pages you know and love are still working strong.
2017-06-02 Release Notes
- We've updated the way you enable TLS when you start using Fastly services for the first time, as well as when you create new hosts and new services.
- Old invoices now properly display the discounted price per tier in region totals.
2017-05-31 Release Notes
- We've updated our "What's New?" introduction with all the latest and greatest improvements to Fastly's web interface.
- We've fixed a bug where you might be directed back to onboarding after going through the onboarding process.
- You will now see the correct list of services to which a token has access.
- All regions served by Fastly are listed in the invoices with their corresponding totals, if any.
2017-05-30 Release Notes
- We've added a homepage, viewable by clicking the Fastly speedometer icon. You can now view all your services in one place.
- We've hidden the onboarding wizard from users with certain authentications (who frankly wouldn't be able to submit any of the forms anyway, but now they aren't tempted to either).
- We've removed several 💀 (dead) links that pointed to our legacy web interface.
- We've cleaned up a few display bugs on the dashboard that cropped up any time you deleted all services.
2017-05-26 Release Notes
- We've added a new side navigation menu in the Account section that separates company and personal information.
2017-05-24 Release Notes
- You can now check the status of a URL across all Fastly cache nodes via the new check cache button on each service.
- Dynamic snippets no longer appear in the web interface because they're only available via API.
2017-05-23 Release Notes
- We've added error messages to notify you when logging endpoints are having problems in your service configurations.
- The Origin Latency heat map now has more detail. Some like it hot, but we like it really hot.
- The Global POP Traffic heat map now scales the size of it dots to better match the traffic going through POPs.
2017-05-18 Release Notes
- We've updated the text about API Authentication copy for clarity.
2017-05-16 Release Notes
- Active services are no longer masquerading as deactivated in the list of all services.
2017-05-15 Release Notes
- Initial startup times for customers who have hundreds of services is now even Fastly-er.
2017-05-09 Release Notes
- Yes, even the wonderful folks at Fastly make the occasional typo. We've corrected a few small ones that you might not have noticed.
- We've fixed the download link for Generated VCL. It now downloads as pure VCL goodness instead of as an entire page of HTML.
- We've cleaned up some minor alignment issues on our invitations page. Some folks at Fastly have a keen 👀 for these things.
2017-05-01 Release Notes
- We've moved the Priority field for Conditions to the Advanced option section.
- We've improved the readability of validation messages to help you during the onboarding process.
2017-04-27 Release Notes
- We've added pagination to the Conditions and Domains pages for improved navigation.
- The onboarding header text now links back to the onboarding page.
- We've updated the onboarding process so the Dashboard link now goes to the newly created service.
- We've removed some erroneous entries from the Personal Tokens list.
2017-04-21 Release Notes
- We now list all services that token is pinned to, not just one of them.
- We've improved the layout of detailed tables on smaller devices.
- We fixed styling of confirmation modals with input fields.
- Very long one-line conditions can now be properly configured.
2017-04-19 Release Notes
- To prevent confusion, we've renamed "Edit latest (Version #)" to "Edit (Version #)" in the Configuration controls.
- As an added security measure, password fields are now cleared on success or failure.
- Forms now correctly show you valid and invalid inputs and selections by focusing on them properly.
- To enhance accessibility, obfuscated text can now be displayed via key entry in addition to mouseover.
2017-04-14 Release Notes
- Long lists of items once again have pagination controls.
- We've fixed the styling of warning messages.
2017-04-06 Release Notes
- We now properly sign a user out when they delete their current session token or cancel their account.
2017-04-05 Release Notes
- We've improved the inline help for the reset-password form.
- We now support a timestamp format string for various logging endpoints: S3, FTP, Cloudfiles, Openstack, and GCS.
- Autocomplete selection options are no longer partially obscured on some windows.
2017-04-03 Release Notes
- We've added South Africa to the list of regions in Stats and Billing.
2017-03-28 Release Notes
- We've improved the error messages when rotating your password.
- We've fixed a bug where the web interface was resetting the displayed log line prefix to Classic even if a different prefix was previously set internally.
2017-03-27 Release Notes
- Users no longer have to confirm their password to purge.
2017-03-24 Release Notes
- We've added hit ratio to Dashboard map details.
- We've fixed the "Not signed in" error that sometimes appeared while trying to sign in.
- We've removed the "total" menu option from the Miss Latency graph.
- We've fixed the broken overlay on historical stats graphs.
2017-03-23 Release Notes
- Users will see a "session token" in their list of tokens representing the current browser session.
- We now show a more informative error message when a custom VCL object has syntax or other errors.
- We've fixed an issue that was inadvertently logging out users after purging certain URLs.
2017-03-22 Release Notes
- When viewing a Logentries logging endpoint, it's now easier to see the direct link to the Logentries dashboard.
- The design of tables for Billing and TLS features is now standardized.
- We fixed a bug where invoices weren't properly showing trailing zeros for displayed units.
2017-03-20 Release Notes
- We've added the log message type to the Amazon S3, Cloud Files, FTP, Google Cloud Storage, OpenStack, Sumo Logic, and Syslog logging endpoints.
- We've updated the text for several views on requests and cache settings to read more like English.
2017-03-17 Release Notes
- We've improved the layout of the health check form. You can now see custom frequency details for all frequency options.
- We've made the Global POP Traffic map darker for higher contrast.
2017-03-16 Release Notes
- When a condition's Priority value changes from the default (10), we now display that Priority more prominently.
- We've added a bit of color and emphasis to make it a little easier to see which tab is active on the web interface at any time.
- The latest, locked version of a service no longer appears as editable in the menu displayed when you click the Configuration button.
2017-03-13 Release Notes
- We've improved billing invoice totals to include more detailed amounts.
- We've simplified the multi-factor authentication login flow when using a recovery code.
- We've reduced Dashboard CPU use by rendering it using HTML5 canvas.
2017-03-09 Release Notes
- When an error message appears after submitting a form, we helpfully scroll to it.
- We've improved the layout in the list of tokens, particularly for tokens with long names.
- We've moved the "Server side encryption" and "KMS key ID" fields to the "Advanced" section of the S3 and S3 Canary logging endpoint forms.
2017-02-28 Release Notes
- We've made the text on the POP map a little clearer.
- We fixed the GCS logging form so it no longer replaces
\nvalues with a space character.
- We fixed a typo on Dashboard graph markers.
- Billing information now correctly displays discounted pricing in regional tiers.
2017-02-23 Release Notes
- When filtering service names or version numbers, exact matches now appear first.
- We've fixed the uneven styling on the VCL upload button.
- Tokens now display the correct last-used timestamp.
2017-02-22 Release Notes
- You can now create read-only API tokens.
- We've streamlined the dashboard page so it shows the latest, most relevant data across all graphs, in bits per second.
- We've added a "last used" timestamp to the list of API tokens.
- We've updated the Edit configuration menu to include an Edit latest option that appears when the latest version number of a service is higher than the currently active version.
- We now show meaningful error messages if you enter the wrong password when trying to create an API token.
- Users assigned the
billingrole can now create API tokens via the web interface instead of just the API.
2017-02-17 Release Notes
- We have added an expandable global heatmap on the dashboard page.
- We've fixed a bug where you couldn't delete a logging endpoint with a condition attached.
- We've fixed a CSS bug in logging endpoints where the log format wasn't centered if it was longer than one line.
- We've fixed a bug in the text display of Responses.
2017-02-14 Release Notes
- We've fixed a bug in the display of Log format information when converting to log format version 2.
- We've fixed a bug that appears when Cache settings are displayed.
2017-02-13 Release Notes
- We updated the Logentries form and default values based on https://docs.logentries.com/docs/fastly/.
- The status of the Default Host now appears in the Setting tab in the Configure controls.
- We've improved the inline help and layout of the form used to create new API Tokens.
- We fixed the uploading of VCL files and setting of Expiration Dates on API Tokens when using the Safari browser.
- We fixed broken links on the web interface that appeared when authenticating during login.
2017-02-07 Release Notes
- We've realigned some of the fields on the Dashboard that were accidentally nudged out of place.
2017-02-01 Release Notes
- We added an option for smooth scrolling on the Dashboard to improve.
- We clarified the confirmation message you'll see when regenerating your API Key.
- We made it more obvious that you can only enter one Surrogate Key at a time when purging.
- We've added more padding around dashboard graphs for readability.
- Customers now have limited availability access to an S3 Canary logging endpoint.
- We gave some error messages a bit more room when they display so nothing visually ran too closely together.
- We fixed a memory leak caused by the heat-map (latency) graph.
2017-01-31 Release Notes
- Our S3 logging endpoint now supports Server Side Encryption (SSE).
- Customers now have access to the create service button while they are on a deactivated service.
- We've changed Advanced options so that users can toggle more fields open and closed in many Configure forms.
2017-01-25 Release Notes
- Loggly links should now behave properly.
- We added SFTP as a logging endpoint available in the web interface.
- We've changed the ordering and layout of all Dashboard graphs to be more intuitive.
- The Bytes Transferred (bandwidth) graph now appears expanded.
2017-01-19 Release Notes
- You can now select "Infrequent" as an option when setting the Redundancy level for Amazon S3 logging endpoints.
- We added Loggly as a logging endpoint available in the web interface.
- We added Heroku Logplex as a logging endpoint available in the web interface.
- We've added a "Create service" button on the Configure page.
- We've improved the performance and security of links to external pages outside of the Fastly web interface.
- We've made some fonts and link colors more consistent throughout the web interface.
- We made a correction to the layout of the User Invitations list.
2017-01-11 Release Notes
- Reset-password links from emails work properly
- The URLs on printed invoices now point to the correct invoices online.
2017-01-09 Release Notes
- Modals with long content now scroll properly
- We replaced some icons that went missing
2017-01-05 Release Notes
- We've made performance and appearance improvements throughout the application
- Description fields now appear at the top of configuration forms instead of the bottom
- We added some help text to the Gzip level field
- The logging endpoint list view now allows you to show and hide details
- Sensitive logging detail information fields now display obfuscated info consistently
- We've improved (and corrected) the inline help for all logging endpoints
- We've added a default value for the FTP logging period
- The purge-all form now works consistently with the keyboard
2016-11-17 Release Notes
- Fix style for small- and medium-width input fields
- Fix dips to zero in graphs
2016-11-16 Release Notes
- We've replaced the gear icon with an Options menu for the Service and Version actions
- Long condition names and resource details now wrap within their respective containers
- The Disable 2FA and Change Password selection is now hidden from the user list menu for the current user
- We've improved the tooltips on the Dashboard
- The banner text on the application has been updated
- Clarified CNAME instructions during onboarding and initial configuration
- When company-wide 2FA is set, users no longer see disable links in the account security settings
- Services in the service selection menu are now sorted alphabetically
- Various links have been corrected throughout the web interface
- Decimals now appear correctly rounded and padded
- The app now does a better job of catching API errors for invalid VCL
- North America now appears as the correct region for the USA and Canada in the Stats global menu
2016-11-7 Release Notes
- Purging by URL now works with wildcard domains
- Firefox users can expand graphs to full size without seeing errors
2016-11-4 Release Notes
- Dashboard graphs now have a new tooltip over the minimize/maximize icon and both Dashboard and Stats graphs have new colors
- Customers without custom VCL support are informed to contact support to enable the feature
2016-11-3 Release Notes
- Admin users will now be able to change the default PCI setting
- We've improved the help text and added a link to more information about purging
- All forms no have an improved appearance
- We've updated copy in all lists and forms
- 404 and 503 error now look better
- We've clarified the options available for X-Forwarded-For in request settings
- View the web interface on mobile platforms should look a bit better
- Services with sparse data no longer produce console errors
- Historical graphs now display the correct time ranges
- We've fixed an error that happened when you tried to log in with a 2FA recovery code
- We've fixed the process of inviting new users when your company requires 2FA
2016-11-2 Release Notes
- Customers will see improved messages for 404 and 503 errors when the app is unavailable
2016-10-31 Release Notes
- Customers can now configure a Scalyr logging endpoint
- It's now easier to distinguish between 404s and other error types with new error page
- We've improved error page layout on mobile
- The purge-URL confirmation dialog now includes the purged URL
- It's now easier to tell when you're updating Custom VCL
2016-10-26 Release Notes
- Customers can configure an OpenStack logging endpoint
- The copy for several logging endpoints has been clarified
- Customers will now see confirmation message for purges
- Customers no longer see an API validation error for conditions if they attach and immediately detach a condition from a new logging endpoint before creation
2016-10-25 Release Notes
- Customers can configure a Log Shuttle logging endpoint
- Customers can configure a Google Cloud Storage logging endpoint
- Customers can configure a Cloudfiles logging endpoint
- Purge-all or purge-by-URL now requires a password for security purposes
- Naming and explanations of graphs on Dashboard and Stats are now improved
- Users are now be sorted by name and invitations by email address in the Account section
- Consistent tooltip and example styling has been made throughout the application
- Customers can return to original destination after successful sign-in
- The purge-URL preview shows the correct protocol
- Customers should see more warning and error messages whenever applicable
- The Fastly application now runs in Safari's Private Browsing mode
2016-10-14 Release Notes
- Customers now have the option to test non-wildcard domains
- Byte- and time-based units now appear using the correct notation and do so consistently
- Customers can now customize the check frequency of a healthcheck
- Notifications on the Dashboard now appear less cramped
- Invoices now show the correct status for free accounts
- Customers can no longer accidentally double-activate service versions
- URLs are now properly encoded when using purging by URL
- Graph summary values now change based on metrics selected
- Graph timestamps on overlay hover state will now update correctly with the passage of time as graphs scroll
- Information messages now display a correctly sized icon
- 2FA pages now have improved layout and readability
2016-10-12 Release Notes
- Form field focus behavior is now consistent
- Purge forms are now better styled
- Customers who change form fields via the keyboard will now see better form field focus styles
- The layout of success and error messages is now more readable
- Status message text is now consistently aligned left
- Purge-by-URL now displays a preview of the URL to be purged
- Purge-by-URL now works with a path of "/"
- Graphs on the Dashboard and Stats pages now properly resize and show correct summary data when selected
- Customers will now only see "Invalid token" error messages once when switching between the 2FA token login and 2FA recovery code login pages
- Customers will now only see error messages related to invalid credit card information once when adding or updating credit card information
- We've fixed the onboarding layout in the Safari browser
2016-10-07 Release Notes
- We've added autofocus to the reset-password page so customers don't have to click as much
- Private CDN customers can see the group name for datacenters in shielding dropdown
- We've removed the irrelevant summary value from Origin Latency heat map
2016-10-05 Release Notes
- To increase security, sensitive data in the Logging summary tables will now be partially or fully obfuscated
- Customers will now see UTC instead of GMT in UTC time strings
- When editing an S3 logging endpoint, the Secret Key field will be obfuscated until the customer clicks inside the field
- Dashboard now shows even spacing and no overlap on Firefox and Safari browsers
- We've fixed intermittently wrong HTTP status text on synthetic responses
- Customers will no longer see unexpected visuals in the custom VCL form
- Customers navigating from Dashboard to Configure will now see a working origin latency heat map
- Customers will now see correct data when hovering over stacked area charts
2016-09-28 Release Notes
- Domain list is limited to 30 items at a time
- Clear data on signout except for user preferences
- Dashboard copy tweaks
- Copy and styling updates to authentication and invitation flows
- Back and forward buttons now work on the Stats page
- Percentage graphs never show the Total summary value
- Customers toggling a metric will now see correctly re-rendered graphs
- Customers will only see overlays on graphs large enough to display them
- Customers with no traffic data can continue to use the Dashboard and the Stats page
- Customers can now show and hide metrics on stacked graphs without seeing artifacts of rendering
- Customers can navigate via the datacenter dropdown without spawning duplicate requests for real-time stats
2016-09-26 Release Notes
- Customers will now be redirected to the login page when their session expires
- Customers will see better explanations for cache-settings options
2016-09-24 Release Notes
- Customers will now have an improved and more reliable realtime stats experience
- Customers will now see overlay inspectors on graphs that provide more information about stats
- Improvements have been made site-wide to popovers and their use
- Critical bugs that displayed gaps in realtime stats have been fixed
2016-09-20 Release Notes
- Customers will now be able to set an Override Host when creating a new Request Setting in Configure
- Customers will now see 'Passes' initially in the Cache Overview section in Stats
- Stats graphs show more detailed data for ranges of one week and 8 hours
- Customers with low, intermittent traffic will see a better representation of their traffic, including gaps in service
- Customers will now see a current GMT timestamp as an overlay on in every screenshot of graphs
- Customers will now see UTC dates, not local dates, in timestamp overlays on dashboard and stats graphs
- Conditions are now sorted by numerical priority
- Should they choose to leave the Substitution field blank, customers will no longer see an error message when creating a Header with a regex action
- Customers will no longer see the Weight field if Auto Load Balance is set to No in the create Host form
- Customers will now be directed to the change password form when they request a password reset after they sign in
- Customers will no longer see an API validation error if they choose not to set max stale age for request settings
- App will now preserve the current tab in Configure when switching between versions
- Latin America is now included in the menu used to filter data by region on Stats page
2016-09-13 Release Notes
- Latin America will now show up on in the regional account use details of the Billing information
- Customers with slow connectivity can hover over logging endpoint images to display a tooltip naming the endpoint
- Customers will now see UTC dates, not localized ones, in the x-axis of graphs
- Stats now show a one-week history by default
- Customers can now enable 2FA and see it enabled without having to refresh the account page
- Icons on Fallback TTL and Override Host windows have been updated
2016-09-07 Release Notes
- Better validations for credit card fields
- User menu has normal font weight
2016-08-31 Release Notes
- Add +/- indicators on the Diff versions page to better indicate service changes
- Update list of common HTTP status codes
- Add link on printed invoices to a page describing upcoming invoice changes
- Prevent hiccups in graph functionality
- Better styling of fields on the Reset your password page
- Improve workflow for users who are invited to your account
2016-08-25 Release Notes
- Add Month-to-date, Invoice History, and Tax Address tabs on the Billing page
- Add "Return to sign in" link to the password reset confirm page
- Better autofocus handling throughout the web interface
- Correct typo in console
- Correct typo in new service message
2016-08-10 Release Notes
- Australian customers should now set a state from a valid select dropdown when updating their tax address
- Purge-by-URL accepts trailing slashes
- Clicking on links in the TLS Options form will not leave the current page, but instead open in a new tab
- Datacenter filtering on the Dashboard will not cause graphs to break
- Customers with outstanding invoices will no longer see an erroneous "Paid in Full" status
- TLS options for backends can now be cleared
2016-08-05 Release Notes
- Add error messages for invalid stats filters
- Add "Known Issues" link to footer and Help form
- Change handling of regional addresses in tax address form so that customers in the US and Canada see a "State/Province" field, and all other customers see a "Locality" field
- Change service version links on the Configure page to make arrows clickable
- Better styling of support form
- Better styling of invoices
- Better styling two-factor authentication flows
- Better visual consistency of fonts across web browsers and operating systems
- Correct footer location for some versions of Internet Explorer
2016-07-29 Release Notes
- Add "What is this?" help link and warning modal to company-wide two-factor authentication setting
- Add navigation buttons on the "What's New" modal
- Add timestamp indicator on hover in the miss latency heat map
- Change default Dashboard view to show all graphs in small form instead of one maximized
- Better copy, styling, and layout of two-factor authentication flows
- Better handling of long service names in Service Bar
- Prevent hiccups in miss latency heat map
- Correct plan name and minimum cost on historical printed invoices
- Correct typos in Dashboard tooltip
- Correct validations when changing password
- Better browser detection for some versions of Microsoft Edge
2016-07-20 Release Notes
- All links to Documentation will point to Tango versions
- Customers will be directed to the onboarding page if they do not have any services
- Superusers can enable or disable company-wide 2FA from the Account Security area on the Account information page
- Customers can enter a separate address for tax purposes in the Account information page
2016-07-19 Release Notes
- Introduce new support tab with docs search and ticket-submission
- Customers will see the "What's new" modal upon login
- Visual styling and UX improvements throughout the web interface
- Edit configuration, manage (gear), and purge buttons now show dropdowns on hover, not on click
- Stats adjusts filter rate based on date range
- Configure page revalidates generated VCL after updates without refreshing page
- Users can save health checks with the proper default values now, without the backend setting the default of 5000ms
2016-07-14 Release Notes
- Added TOS to authentication pages
- Users will see a new description when deleting or deactivating a service with a help link
- Send anonymous tracking information to Google Analytics
- Using a non-supported browser will lead to a helpful error page with a link back
- Customers will initially see the GA banner but when they hide it, it will no longer appear on log-in or refresh
- Visual style tweaks
- UX improvements
- Updated favicon and apple-touch icons
- Tweaks to support page
- VCL tab in Configure main nav bar is now named CUSTOM VCL
- Standardized use of 'health check'
- Updated copy in Domain and Health Check form info columns
- Real-time representation of heat map data points and reduced number of animation calls to the svg groups
- Service configurations no longer disappear if you view Account info, then log out, then log back in
- After signing in, return to the URL the user first tried to go to (existing behavior), but don't keep this around for subsequent sign-ins (new behavior)
- Hit and miss times in dashboard will now show proper values
2016-07-06 Release Notes
- Customers can provide regex and substitution values for a header when action is either regex or regex all
- Customers do not need to provide source field for a header when action is delete
- We are no longer making API calls for request and cache settings when the data customer has entered is invalid
- We've made styling and copy updates across the app
2016-06-24 Release Notes
- Customers will now see a styled icon for the syslog option
- Restyling applied to Two-Factor Authentication login
- Customers can now upload extensionless VCL files, or files with names not matching
- All charts on the site have been updated to D3
- Users can now select the limit to use in the Miss latency heat map
- Customer has ability to print a specific invoice from the billing page
- The first VCL file uploaded to a service is marked as main
2016-06-15 Release Notes
- Stats page shows a "loading" indicator while fetching data
- Dashboard, Stats, and Configure have a new Service header
- Configure and Billing have new tab style
- Service page has new "Edit Configuration" options
- Event Log and Billing overview have new style
- VCL warnings and errors have new style
- Service-Version action buttons have tooltips
- Version VCL page has link back to edit Version
- Fix coloring for "… and more" text in menus
2016-06-09 Release Notes
- Users can continue interacting with the page after clicking cancel on the 'Show API Key' window
2016-06-08 Release Notes
- User can clone, diff versions, or view vcl from the list of actions in the gear dropdown menu
- Blue 'Activate' button on the version summary page is now green
- New styling on the service bar so the diff version switchers are consistent
- Updates to style of the version link and the version switcher
- Fewer erroneous content-security-policy warnings in the console
- User can return to service summary page from diff versions page
- Icon change in Onboarding step 2
- Show correct healthcheck path when it includes a dash
2016-06-02 Release Notes
- Fixes 0 values showing as N/A in metrics
- Copy fixes
2016-05-27 Release Notes
- Users and User Invitations sections in Account page now show pagination links
- Fixed CSRF Token mismatch issues
2016-05-20 Release Notes
- top navigation style
2016-05-04 Release Notes
- more informative document titles
2016-04-21 Release Notes
- new stopwatch logo
- restyled graphs in Dashboard and Stats
- banner in legacy UI links to corresponding page in new UI
- inline validation on address and port field shows when either field is invalid
2016-04-07 Release Notes
- link to release notes from the main page banner
- logging events for version activation now link to the proper version configuration page
- FTP and Cloud Files logging is available for users with the customer option enabled
- request collapsing in request settings saves correctly
- bandwidth units in Billing reflect customer pricing plan units
2016-03-23 Release Notes
- user sign-up from invitation
- highlight newly created or updated objects in Configure
- Dashboard average value lines update with data
- Stats legend values round to one decimal
2016-03-16 Release Notes
- improve style on logging page
- improve empty-state messaging on service pages
- response text areas cannot overflow their containers
- fill in some missing values in invoice total
2016-03-10 Release Notes
- improve tooltip messaging in configure pages
- improve styling of inline code snippets
- improve styling of gzip details
- VCL file rename works correctly
- logging tiles don't overflow in Firefox
- VCL and diff syntax highlighting had been accidentally removed
2016-03-03 Release Notes
- improve listing of credit card expiry years
- display correct value for request collapsing in request settings
2016-02-25 Release Notes
- hide deleted services in service lists
- improve readability of heat map on Dashboard
- improve performance of Configure event log by loading all users at once
- improve boot performance by loading fewer records up-front
- correct timestamps on Dashboard