About the web interface controls on refreshed pages
Last updated 2023-11-15
This information is part of a beta release. For additional details, read our product and feature lifecycle descriptions.
Fastly provides web interface access to all of its features and functions, which are also accessible using Fastly's application programming interface (API).
Access to Fastly's web interface controls requires you to sign up for a Fastly account. Creating an account is free. Once you've created an account, you can navigate to the controls via the Fastly login page at https://manage.fastly.com, either directly using any standard web browser or by clicking a link at the top right of almost all pages at the Fastly website.
If it's your first time logging in, the basic controls may appear a bit empty. More details will begin to appear as you start working with services.
The primary navigation elements that appear across the top of the Fastly web interface include a switcher menu that provides direct access to both the Fastly and Signal Sciences applications from a single location.
The name of the company for the account you're logged into appears to the right of the switcher, followed by a series of primary navigation links that provide access to:
- the Home page, which appears by default when you log in, where you view summarized details about all your services
- the Observability page where you monitor real-time and historic caching-related details about a specific service
- the Deliver page where you define the settings that specifically control how cached content should behave and be delivered
- the Compute page where you define how each instance of your Wasm services should behave and interact with its data sources
- the Secure page where you access the different security products Fastly has to offer
- the account menu where you access account-specific settings, personal profile information, and billing-related details
Check with a superuser on your account if you don't have access to the links you expect to. The roles and permissions assigned by whoever manages your company's account can change which of the navigation links you have access to.
You can change the theme of the Fastly web interface. Follow these instructions to enable dark mode for your personal profile:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface and select Account from the account menu. Your account information appears.
- Click Appearance.
- To enable dark mode, click the Dark mode switch.
You can click the switch again to change the theme back to light mode.
We support a minimum display width of 768 pixels on the latest version of the following browsers:
If you aren't using one of these browsers, then some visual styling may not be correct when using the Fastly web interface.
We strongly recommend updating your browser before beginning any debugging of Fastly services and before reporting problems to Fastly Customer Support. You can find the latest, downloadable versions of all major browsers online. The list at Browse Happy may help you.