Setting Surrogate-Key headers based on a URL
Last updated 2018-08-16
Follow these instructions to set Surrogate-Key headers based on a URL:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface.
- From the All services page, select the appropriate service. You can use the search box to search by ID, name, or domain.
- Click the Edit configuration button and then select the option to clone the active version. The Domains page appears.
- Click the Content link. The Content page appears.
Click the Create header button. The Create a header page appears.
- Fill out the Create a header fields as follows:
- In the Name field, enter a human-readable name for the header. This name is displayed in the Fastly web interface.
- From the Type menu, select Cache, and from the Action menu, select Set.
- In the Destination field, enter
- In the Source field, enter
regsub(req.url, "^/(.*)\.(.*)$", "\1"). This will accept a URL that looks like
/foo.htmland will create the Surrogate-Key
- From the Ignore if set menu, select No.
- In the Priority field, enter
- Click the Create button to create your header.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.
There are several limitations to surrogate keys. See the surrogate key limitations section for more information.