Self-provisioned Fastly services
Fastly customers configure or "provision" Fastly caching and video services personally, independent of Fastly staff, via the Fastly application interface. Fastly calls this "self-provisioning." Self-provisioning tasks include things like:
- creating and deploying services
- adding domains and origin servers
- configuring load balancing
- modifying how services handle HTTP headers
- submitting purge commands
Once provisioned, Fastly services can be deployed immediately. If self-provisioned tasks fail to operate in an appropriate or expected manner, you can find answers to a variety of frequently asked questions in Fastly's guides and tutorials. You can also receive personalized assistance by submitting requests directly to Fastly's Customer Support staff.