- Fastly Status
Health check frequency
Last updated April 03, 2017
Fastly performs health checks on your origin server based on the Check frequency setting you select in the Create a new health check page. The Check frequency setting you select specifies approximately how many requests per minute Fastly POPs are checked to see if they pass. There is roughly one health check per Fastly POP per period. Any checks that pass will be reported as "healthy."
To determine origin health, you can configure health checks with the following frequency options:
- Low - One request every minute from each datacenter, where "healthy" means 1 out of 2 must pass.
- Medium - One request every 15 seconds from each datacenter, where "healthy" means 3 out of 5 must pass.
- High - One request every 2 seconds from each datacenter, where "healthy" means 7 out of 10 must pass.
- Custom - A custom frequency and request health pass levels
To set a custom frequency, select Custom. The following controls appear:
- Threshold & Window - The number of successes per total number health checks. For example, specifying
1/2means 1 out of 2 checks must pass to be reported as healthy.
- Initial - The number of requests to assume as passing on deploy.
- Interval & Timeout (ms) - Interval represents the period of time for the requests to run. Timeout represents the wait time until request is considered failed. Both times are specified in milliseconds.