Enabling cross-origin resource sharing (CORS)
Last updated September 20, 2016
- Log in to the Fastly web interface and click the Configure link.
- From the service menu, select the appropriate service.
- Click the Edit configuration button and then select Clone active. The service version page appears.
Click the Content tab. The Content page appears.
Click the Create header button. The Create a new header page appears.
- Fill out the Create a new header fields as follows:
- From the Type menu, select Cache, and from the Action menu, select Set.
- In the Destination field, type
- In the Source field, type
- Leave the Ignore if set menu and the Priority field set to their default values.
- In the Description field, type a descriptive name for the new header (e.g.,
CORS S3 Allow). This name is displayed in the Fastly web interface.
- Click the Create button. The new header appears on the Content page.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.
IMPORTANT: Objects already cached won't have this header applied until you purge them.
Test it out
Running the command
curl -I your-hostname.com/path/to/resource should include similar information to the following in your header:
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://your-hostname.tld Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET Access-Control-Expose-Headers: Content-Length, Connection, Date...
Back to Top