Setting Surrogate-Key headers for Amazon S3 origins
You can mark content with a surrogate key and use it to purge groups of specific URLs at once without purging everything, or purging each URL singularly. On the Amazon S3 side, you can use the
x-amz-meta-surrogate-key header to mark your content as you see fit, and then on the Fastly side set up a Header configuration to translate the S3 information into the header we look for.
Follow these instructions to set Surrogate-Key headers for Amazon S3 origin servers:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface and click the Configure link.
- From the service menu, select the appropriate service.
- Click the Edit configuration button and then select Clone active. The service version page appears.
Click the Content tab. The Content page appears.
Click the Create header button. The Create a new header page appears.
Fill out the Create a new header fields as follows:
- From the Type menu, select Cache, and from the Action menu, select Set.
- In the Destination field, type
- In the Source field, type
- From the Ignore if set menu, select No.
- In the Priority field, type
- In the Description field, type a human-readable name for the header. This name is displayed in the Fastly web interface.
Click the Create button to create your header.
Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.
Back to Top