These articles provide answers to the questions most people have about how Fastly works with VCL (Varnish Configuration Language).
- Does Fastly have a list of VCL extensions?
- What is Varnish and why does Fastly use it?
- Where can I upload custom VCL?
- Can I embed C code in VCL?
- Can I override which IP address the GeoIP features use?
- Can I perform authentication before returning a request?
- Can I preview VCL before activating it?
- Custom responses that don't hit origin servers
- How can I change the URL based on the domain?
- How can I control access to certain resources?
- How do I create location-based tagging?
- How do I escape characters in logs?
- How do I mix and match Fastly VCL with custom VCL?
- How does Fastly support the Edge-Control header?
- Setting up redundant origin servers
- VCL Regular Expression Cheat Sheet
- What's the best way to QA test Fastly configurations? Should I create a second account?
- Will I lose the ability to configure things via the UI if I activate custom VCL uploading?