These articles provide basic instructions for getting started with Fastly services.
These articles provide basic information and instructions for configuring Fastly services after getting started.
- Adding CNAME records
- Content and its delivery
- How caching and CDNs work
- How Fastly's CDN Service works
- Working with domains
- Working with health checks
- Working with hosts
- Working with services
These articles describe key features of the Fastly web interface controls.
- About the account menu
- About the All services page
- About the Configure page
- About the Stats page
- About the web interface controls
These articles provide basic instructions for configuring Fastly services after getting started.
These articles describe configuration settings and changes you can make to your cache settings when setting up Fastly services.
- Caching configuration best practices
- Controlling caching
- Enabling API caching
- Implementing API cache control
- Overriding caching defaults based on a backend response
- Preventing cache poisoning via HTTP X-headers
- Segmented Caching
These articles describe conditions and how to use them in VCL and the Fastly web interface.
These articles describe how to create your own VCL files with specialized configurations.
- About VCL Snippets
- Accept-Language header VCL features
- Authenticating before returning a request
- Basic authentication
- Custom responses that don't hit origin servers
- Enabling URL token validation
- Guide to VCL
- Isolating header values without regular expressions
- Manipulating the cache key
- Response Cookie handling
- Support for the Edge-Control header
- Understanding the different PASS action behaviors
- Uploading custom VCL
- Using dynamic VCL Snippets
- Using regular VCL Snippets
- VCL regular expression cheat sheet
These articles describe how to move rapid key/value pair decision logic to the edge using dictionaries.
- About Edge Dictionaries
- Private Edge Dictionaries
- Working with Edge Dictionaries using the API
- Working with Edge Dictionaries using the web interface
- Working with Edge Dictionary items using the API
These articles describe configuration settings and changes you can make to your domains and origins when setting up Fastly services.
- Changing origins based on user location
- Failover configuration
- IPv6 support
- Maintaining separate HTTP and HTTPS requests to origin servers
- Routing assets to different origins
- Setting up redundant origin servers
- Specifying an override host
- Using Fastly with apex domains
- Using Fastly's global POP network
These articles describe configuration settings and changes you can make to your headers when setting up Fastly services.
- Adding or modifying headers on HTTP requests and responses
- Enabling cross-origin resource sharing (CORS)
- Removing headers from backend response
- Setting Content Type based on file extension
- Understanding the X-Timer header
These articles provide basic instructions for and examples of setting up and beginning to use the Fastly Image Optimizer.
These articles provide information about distributing requests across multiple servers to optimize resource use and avoid overloading any single resource.
- About Dynamic Servers
- Creating and using pools with Dynamic Servers
- Creating and using server entries with Dynamic Servers
- Load-balancing configuration
These articles describe how to adjust the performance of Fastly's services beyond standard configuration methods.
- Enabling automatic gzipping
- Failure modes with large files
- HTTP/2 server push
- Making query strings agnostic
- Precision Path
- Serving stale content
- Streaming Miss
These articles describe how to purge cache.
- Authenticating URL purge requests via API
- Getting started with surrogate keys
- Logging purge requests
- Purging API cache with surrogate keys
- Setting Surrogate-Key headers based on a URL
- Setting Surrogate-Key headers for Amazon S3 origins
- Single purges
- Soft purges
- Wildcard purges
These articles describe configuration settings and changes you can make to requests when working with Fastly services.
- Checking multiple backends for a single request
- Conditionally changing a URL
- How request settings are applied
- Manipulating the X-Forwarded-For header
These articles describe configuration settings and changes you can make to your response settings when setting up Fastly services.
- Creating and customizing a robots.txt file
- Creating error pages with custom responses
- Generating HTTP redirects at the edge
- Responses tutorial
These articles describe setup and configuration guidelines for setting up live stream delivery or video on-demand.
- Adaptive bitrate playback URL guidelines
- Collecting OTFP metrics
- Configuration guidelines for live streaming
These articles provide information about the administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that protect the Fastly CDN service, as well as describe how to secure communications between Fastly and your origin servers and customers.
These articles describe how to restrict access to resources by allowing or blocking IP addresses with access control lists (ACLs).
- About ACLs
- Manually creating access control lists
- Using the IP block list
- Working with ACLs using the API
- Working with ACLs using the web interface
These articles describe how to secure communications between Fastly, your origin servers, and your customers.
These articles provide information about the administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that protect the Fastly CDN service.
- Penetration testing your service behind Fastly
- Security measures
- Security program
- Signal Sciences security measures
- Technology compliance
These articles describe how to set up TLS certificates with Fastly services.
- Enabling HSTS through Fastly
- Enabling TLS 1.3 through Fastly
- Forcing a TLS redirect
- Serving HTTPS traffic using certificates you manage
- Serving HTTPS traffic using Fastly-managed certificates
- Setting up free TLS
- TLS termination
These articles provide information about the Fastly Web Application Firewall (WAF 2020) security product.
- About the Fastly WAF dashboard (2020)
- About the Fastly WAF rule management interface (2020)
- Creating a custom WAF error page (2020)
- Fastly WAF logging (2020)
- Managing rules on the Fastly WAF (2020)
- WAF Rule Exclusions (2020)
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) (2020)
These articles provide information about the legacy Fastly Web Application Firewall (WAF) security product.
- About the Fastly WAF dashboard (legacy)
- About the Fastly WAF rule management interface (legacy)
- Creating a custom WAF error page (legacy)
- Fastly WAF logging (legacy)
- Fastly WAF rule set updates and maintenance (legacy)
- Managing the Fastly WAF (legacy)
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) (legacy)
These articles describe how non-Fastly services interoperate with Fastly.
These articles describe Fastly's support for protocols that allow you to stream logs to a variety of locations, including third-party services, for storage and analysis.
- Log streaming: Amazon Kinesis Data Streams
- Log streaming: Amazon S3
- Log streaming: Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Log streaming: Cloud Files
- Log streaming: Coralogix
- Log streaming: Datadog
- Log streaming: DigitalOcean Spaces
- Log streaming: Elasticsearch
- Log streaming: FTP
- Log streaming: Google BigQuery
- Log streaming: Google Cloud Pub/Sub
- Log streaming: Google Cloud Storage
- Log streaming: Honeycomb
- Log streaming: HTTPS
- Log streaming: Hydrolix
- Log streaming: Kafka
- Log streaming: Log Shuttle
- Log streaming: LogDNA
- Log streaming: Logentries
- Log streaming: Loggly
- Log streaming: Heroku's Logplex
- Log streaming: New Relic Logs
- Log streaming: OpenStack
- Log streaming: Oracle Cloud Storage
- Log streaming: Papertrail
- Log streaming: Scalyr
- Log streaming: SFTP
- Log streaming: Shape Log Analysis
- Log streaming: Splunk
- Log streaming: Storj DCS
- Log streaming: Sumo Logic
- Log streaming: Syslog
- Log streaming: Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage
These articles describe how non-Fastly services interoperate with Fastly.
- Alibaba Object Storage Service
- Amazon S3
- Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Data transfer with Backblaze B2
- DigitalOcean Spaces
- Discounted egress from Google
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Compute Engine
- Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Oracle Cloud Storage
- Outbound data transfer from Azure
- PerimeterX Bot Defender
- Storj DCS Object Storage
- Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage
These articles describe how to log data, troubleshoot problems, and tune performance.
These articles describe common errors you may encounter when setting up and configuring Fastly services.
- Common 503 errors on Fastly
- Common OTFP errors
- Common service and domain errors
- Error 1000 with CloudFlare DNS
- Fixing cross-domain errors
- Loop detection
- TLS certificate errors
- TLS origin configuration messages
Because Fastly doesn't store customer logs, we provide information about debugging techniques that help you gain insights into your service configurations.
- Changing connection timeouts to your origin
- Checking cache
- Debugging with mtr
- Debugging with WebPageTest
- Fastly's network status
- Google Pagespeed module errors
- Googlebot crawl stats
- Temporarily disabling caching
- Using GET instead of HEAD for command line caching tests
These articles describe how we support real-time log streaming of data that passes through Fastly.
- About Fastly's real-time log streaming features
- Changing log compression formats
- Changing log line formats
- Changing log placement
- Changing where log files are written
- Creating an AWS IAM role for Fastly logging
- Custom log formats
- Encrypting logs
- Setting up remote log streaming
- Useful conditions for logging
- Useful log formats
- Useful variables to log
These articles describe how to manage account access, billing, and security.
These articles describe how to manage account access.
- Account lockouts
- Changing an account's company name
- Enabling an IP allowlist for account logins through the web interface
- Enabling and disabling two-factor authentication
- Finding and managing your account info
- Monitoring account activity with the audit log
- Reviewing service activity with the event log
- Using API tokens
These articles describe Fastly's billing and payment plans and how to make adjustments to your billing information.
These articles describe how to manage users with permission to access to your account.
- Adding and deleting user accounts
- Configuring user roles and permissions
- Email and password changes
- Managing multiple accounts
- Setting up single sign-on (SSO)
- Transferring services to other accounts
- Unsubscribing from Fastly marketing email
These articles provide reference information about common Fastly terms and configuration settings.
These articles provide information about Fastly products that accelerate content delivery with control from an edge cloud platform.
- Application Programming Interface (API)
- Dedicated IP addresses
- Fastly’s Full-Site Delivery
- Fastly’s Streaming Delivery
- Origin Connect
- Subscriber Provided Prefix
- Varnish Configuration Language (VCL)
These articles provide information about Fastly products that focus on performance (speed), availability, and media.
- Capacity Reservation
- Cloud Optimizer
- Fastly's On-the-Fly Packaging service
- Image Optimizer
- Media Shield for Live
- Media Shield for VOD
- Nearline Cache
These articles provide information about Fastly products that deliver web application and API protection.
- DDoS Protection and Mitigation Service and SLA
- HIPAA-Compliant Caching and Delivery
- PCI-Compliant Caching and Delivery
- Platform TLS
- TLS オプション
- TLS service options
- WAF Quick Start Package
- WAF Support and SLA
- WAF Tuning Package
- WAF Tuning Plus Package
These articles provide information about Fastly products that provide visibility and insights into traffic, security, and performance.
These articles provide information about Fastly's serverless compute environment for building applications and executing at the edge.
These articles provide information about Fastly services and support solutions.
- Assurance Services
- Designated Technical Specialist
- Live Event Monitoring Service
- Performance Optimization Package
- Professional Services
- Related offerings
- Response Security Service
- Service availability SLA
- Support description and SLA
These articles provide information about Fastly's Signal Sciences products.
- Signal Sciences Cloud WAF
- Signal Sciences Next-Gen WAF
- Signal Sciences professional services
- Signal Sciences WAF support description and SLA
These articles provide information about Fastly's product lifecycle and the products within it.
These articles provide information about Fastly's legacy offerings.
- Fastly's Legacy Full-site Delivery services
- Fastly's Legacy Media Shield
- Legacy Customer-Provided TLS Certificate Hosting Service
- Legacy Platinum Support and SLA
- Legacy Premium Support and SLA
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) (2020)
These articles provide information about third-party technology and services incorporated into the Fastly CDN service.
- Cloud-hosted products
- Open source software in downloadable components
- Third-party technology