Special Help Desk Support Series Update for July 11, 2014
We've updated our help desk support series by adding several new categories of documents and making some significant updates to some existing documents.
Additions to Getting Started with Fastly
We've added a set of documents to help you understand the basics about each of Fastly's major features and how Fastly's services work. In our new "How Fastly Services Work" subcategory you'll find these new documents:
- How Fastly's CDN Service Works
- Types of Content Fastly Delivers
- Content Sources Supported by Fastly
- About Fastly's Origin Shielding Features
- About Fastly's Delivery Acceleration Features
- About Fastly's Cached Content Control Features
- About Fastly's Real-Time Log Streaming Features
- About Fastly's Video Caching Service
- About Fastly's Live Streaming Video Service
- About Fastly's Video on Demand On-the-Fly Packaging Service
- About Fastly's Application Programming Interface (API)
In addition to how our services work, we've added an entire set of documents to help you understand the basics of the Fastly application web interface. In our new "Fastly's Web Interface" subcategory you'll find these new documents:
- About the Web Interface Controls
- About the Analytics Dashboard
- About the Configuration Control Panel
- About the Streaming Controls
- About the Account Settings Controls
- About the Billing & Invoice Controls
We've also written down some important details about Fastly Customer Support, including instructions on how to submit requests for support help and what happens when we receive those requests. In our new "Customer Support" subcategory you'll find these new documents:
- How to Submit a Support Request
- Hours of Availability & Response Times for All Levels of Fastly Customer Support
- What happens when Fastly receives a support request?
- Self-Provisioned Fastly Services
Basic & Advanced Configuration Updates
Finally, we've made some significant updates to the following existing configuration help files:
- Advanced Encoding Settings
- What is Varnish and why does Fastly use it?
- Guide to VCL
Our documentation archive contains PDF snapshots of docs.fastly.com site content as of the above date. Previous updates can be found in the archive as well.