Documentation Updates for the Period Ending September 6, 2014
The following documents are new to the help desk support series as part of our regular documentation update efforts:
- Why am I getting cache MISSes with Google Pagespeed Module?
- How POPs handle requests with and without shielding enabled
- Can I override which IP address the GeoIP features use?
We also created a new subcategory of documents, Log Streaming. All of our existing remote logging information now resides here in separate files instead of as one long logging document:
- Setting Up Remote Log Streaming
- Log Streaming: Amazon S3
- Log Streaming: FTP
- Log Streaming: Logentries
- Log Streaming: Papertrail
- Log Streaming: Splunk Storm
- Log Streaming: Sumo Logic
- Log Streaming: Syslog
Recently Edited & Reviewed Docs
The following documents were edited by request, as part of the normal doc review cycle, or as a result of updates to how the Fastly app operates:
- How to track your origin's name, IP, and port
- Date- and time-related VCL features
- Understanding the X-Timer header
- What is the largest object or file Fastly will cache?
- How do I deactivate and reactivate services?
- Why am I getting an Error 1000 with my CloudFlare DNS setup?
- What are wildcard streams?
- Caveats of Shielding
- Understanding Cache HIT and MISS headers with Shielded Services
- I host multiple sites on one server. How do I specify which one to use?
- How do I regenerate my API key?
- What's the best way to QA test Fastly configurations? Should I create a second account?
- Does Fastly work with Magento?
- Which language elements of the ESI specification does Fastly support?
- What types of access do different users have?
Our documentation archive contains PDF snapshots of docs.fastly.com site content as of the above date. Previous updates can be found in the archive as well.