Changing log placement
Last updated 2023-09-28
Fastly's Real-Time Log Streaming feature allows you to specify where the logging call should be placed in the generated VCL.
You can choose one of the following log placement options:
- Format Version Default puts the log statement in
vcl_logif the logging endpoint is using version 2 log format. If the logging endpoint is using version 1 log format, puts the log statement in
- waf debug (
waf_debug_log) puts the log statement in
waf_debug_log, which allows for logging of WAF variables.
- None prevents the log statement from being rendered in VCL. Use this option if you intend to write a log statement manually in custom VCL.
- Web interface
Follow these instructions to update a logging endpoint's VCL placement using the web interface:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface.
- From the Home page, select the appropriate service. You can use the search box to search by ID, name, or domain.
- Click Edit configuration and then select the option to clone the active version.
Click the name of the logging endpoint you want to edit.
In the Placement section, select a placement for the logging endpoint.
- Click Activate to deploy your configuration changes.