- Fastly Status
Googlebot crawl stats
Last updated October 19, 2018
Any time you notice any major changes in your SEO stats, indexing, or crawler behavior, start troubleshooting by asking these questions:
- Did you read the Google FAQs for indexing, crawling, and ranking?
- Is your robots.txt file still accessible and were there any changes to it?
- Is your sitemap testing without errors?
- Did you adjust your Googlebot crawl rate?
- Have you had Google's "Fetch as Google" tool re-crawl the URLs?
We recommend exploring Google's Webmaster Tools if you're experiencing issues. Their "Fetch as Google" tool article and their article on troubleshooting sitmemap errors offer specific help for help debugging Googlebot crawl stats in this situation. Google also includes an entire section in their tools documentation on getting additional support if you're experiencing trouble.
TIP: Our debugging articles contain a variety of troubleshooting tips.