- Fastly Status
Allowing only TLS connections to your site
Last updated June 01, 2017
If you want to only allow TLS on your site, we have you covered. There is a switch built into the "Request Settings" that will allow you to force unencrypted requests over to TLS. It works by returning a 301 Moved Permanently response to any unencrypted request, which redirects to the TLS equivalent. For instance, making a request for http://www.example.com/foo.jpeg would redirect to https://www.example.com/foo.jpeg.
- Log in to the Fastly web interface and click the Configure link.
- From the service menu, select the appropriate service.
- Click the Configuration button and then select Clone active. The Domains page appears.
- Click the Settings link. The Settings page appears.
Click the Create request setting button. The Create a request setting page appears.
- Fill out the Create a request setting fields as follows:
- In the Name field, type a human-readable name for the request setting. This name is displayed in the Fastly web interface.
- From the Force TLS menu, select Yes.
- Click the Create button to save your request setting changes.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.