Purging a URL via the web interface
Last updated 2021-12-20
Fastly provides several levels of cache purging. You can use the Purge URL option to purge a single URL via the web interface.
Before you begin
If you're new to the concept of purging, we recommend familiarizing yourself with our purging basics guide.
Purging a URL
To purge a single URL, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface.
- From the Home page, select the appropriate service. You can use the search box to search by ID, name, or domain.
From the Purge menu, select Purge URL. The Purge URL window appears.
- From the Domain menu, select the domain on which your content resides. If the domain you select is a wildcard domain (e.g.,
*.example.com) the Subdomain field will appear.
- If the Subdomain field appears, enter the subdomain to purge for the wildcard domain you've selected (e.g.,
- In the Full URL path field, enter the path to the content you'll be purging (e.g.,
/example.jpg). The Preview field displays the URL that will be purged.
- Optionally select the Soft purge checkbox to mark your content as outdated instead of deleting it from cache.
- Click the Purge button.