WAF Quick Start Package
Last updated 2020-07-15
As of June 30, 2021, the Fastly WAF (WAF 2020) offering became a legacy product. It will continue to be supported for all existing users. As alternatives, Signal Sciences Cloud WAF or Signal Sciences Next-Gen WAF both offer proactive monitoring of and protection against suspicious and anomalous web traffic directed at your applications and origin servers. Each can be controlled via the web interface dashboard or application programming interface (API). Contact email@example.com or your Fastly account team to evaluate or move to the Signal Sciences WAF options.
To use the WAF Quick Start Package, you need to:
- purchase a paid account with a contract for Fastly's services
- purchase Fastly’s WAF
- have logging enabled for at least one supported logging endpoint
It’s your responsibility to ensure you have a suitable logging service available and properly configured during the onboarding period.
How it works
Fastly Professional Services staff will guide you through the following stages:
- Planning. Professional Services staff will help you configure your WAF based on your security requirements. They will gather protection requirements, select from available WAF rules, and configure the WAF based on known or perceived risks to your application.
- Deployment. Professional Services staff help you configure your Fastly WAF VCL and add it to your Fastly service. They provide best-practice consulting for configuration of your WAF functionality within the Fastly service and will publish the policy to your Fastly service.
- Hand-off. Professional Services staff help you validate that your WAF policy is active and set up in logging only mode.