WAF Tuning Package
Last updated 2020-07-15
As announced, April 30, 2023 marks the formal retirement of the Fastly WAF (WAF Legacy and WAF 2020). Our Fastly Next-Gen WAF offers similar functionality. It monitors for suspicious and anomalous web traffic and protects, in real-time, against attacks directed at the applications and origin servers that you specify.
Fastly Professional Services staff will guide you through the following tuning stages:
- Planning. Professional Services staff help you gather protection requirements, define rules or filter policies, and develop policy structure.
- Deployment. Professional Services staff help you configure your Fastly WAF VCL and add it to your Fastly service. They provide best-practice consulting for configuration of your WAF functionality within the Fastly service and will publish the policy to your Fastly service.
- Testing. Professional Services staff help you validate that your WAF policy is active and set up testing for it.
- Go-Live. Professional Services staff monitor and address issues during final production testing and policy deployment.
Planning, deployment, testing, and go-live may involve some iterative cycles depending on the complexity of your policy.
Some common tuning options we offer include:
- Initial setup and configuration
- Validation of policy match to origin systems
- Policy updates and maintenance