WAF Tuning Package
Last updated 2020-07-15
As of June 30, 2021, the Fastly WAF (WAF 2020) offering became a legacy product. It will continue to be supported for all existing users. As an alternative, Fastly Next-Gen WAF (powered by Signal Sciences) offers proactive monitoring of and protection against suspicious and anomalous web traffic directed at your applications and origin servers. It can be controlled via the web interface dashboard or application programming interface (API). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Fastly account team to evaluate or move to the Fastly Next-Gen WAF option.
How it works
Fastly Professional Services staff will guide you through the following tuning stages:
- Planning. Professional Services staff help you gather protection requirements, define rules or filter policies, and develop policy structure.
- Deployment. Professional Services staff help you configure your Fastly WAF VCL and add it to your Fastly service. They provide best-practice consulting for configuration of your WAF functionality within the Fastly service and will publish the policy to your Fastly service.
- Testing. Professional Services staff help you validate that your WAF policy is active and set up testing for it.
- Go-Live. Professional Services staff monitor and address issues during final production testing and policy deployment.
Planning, deployment, testing, and go-live may involve some iterative cycles depending on the complexity of your policy.
Some common tuning options we offer include:
- Initial setup and configuration
- Validation of policy match to origin systems
- Policy updates and maintenance