WAF Tuning Package
Last updated 2020-07-15
As announced, April 30, 2023 marks the formal retirement of the Fastly WAF (WAF Legacy and WAF 2020). Our Fastly Next-Gen WAF offers similar functionality. It monitors for suspicious and anomalous web traffic and protects, in real-time, against attacks directed at the applications and origin servers that you specify.
Fastly’s WAF Tuning Package provides your organization with tuning of your WAF by Fastly. For more information about this package, contact support.
How it works
Fastly Professional Services staff will guide you through the following tuning stages:
- Planning. Professional Services staff help you gather protection requirements, define rules or filter policies, and develop policy structure.
- Deployment. Professional Services staff help you configure your Fastly WAF VCL and add it to your Fastly service. They provide best-practice consulting for configuration of your WAF functionality within the Fastly service and will publish the policy to your Fastly service.
- Testing. Professional Services staff help you validate that your WAF policy is active and set up testing for it.
- Go-Live. Professional Services staff monitor and address issues during final production testing and policy deployment.
Planning, deployment, testing, and go-live may involve some iterative cycles depending on the complexity of your policy.
Some common tuning options we offer include:
- Initial setup and configuration
- Validation of policy match to origin systems
- Policy updates and maintenance
Do not use this form to send sensitive information. If you need assistance, contact support.