- Fastly Status
Sign up and create your first service
Last updated February 08, 2018
To create a Fastly account and set up your first service, follow the steps below.
Sign up at Fastly.com
Before you do anything else, you must sign up for a Fastly account.
- Click on any Sign Up button on the Fastly.com website or simply point a browser to the signup form.
When the signup form appears, fill in all the fields with your contact information. All the fields are required.
NOTE: You'll be able to change your password and email address any time after signup. Without a valid email we can't send you account verification details during account setup. Without a valid telephone number, we can't assist you with specific kinds of account lockout issues.
Click the Sign Up For An Account button. The confirmation screen will appear with instructions on what to do next and you'll be sent an e-mail that contains a verification link.
- Check your inbox and find the confirmation email we sent you.
- Click the verification link (we need to make sure you're not a spam robot and verify your email). The verification link will immediately take you to the first step of the quick start process so you can create your first service.
Create your first service
Once you've verified your email, we log you into the application automatically and immediately take you through the quick start process to create your first service.
Specify your domain and hostname. We need this information to properly route requests to your website and to make sure your cache updates properly. If you have many servers you can configure the rest later.
Click the Continue button.
- Optionally enable the following features:
- Gzip to dynamically gzip content, resulting in smaller file sizes and faster transfer speeds.
- Logging to automatically store logs with a third-party service, resulting in the ability to view cache activity and to troubleshoot.
- Health checks to monitor the health of your origin server so that Fastly will stop attempting to send requests to it when it is unhealthy.
- Click the Continue button. The system configures your service.
- To test whether or not the configuration was successful, open yourdomain.global.prod.fastly.net in a new browser window (replace
yourdomainwith your own website's domain name). Your website should appear, but it may take up to 60 seconds for the new configuration settings to take effect.
Add CNAME DNS records
You must set the CNAME DNS record for your domain to point to Fastly. For more information, see the instructions in our Adding CNAME records guide.
Once you've completed this step, you should be all ready to go!
If you have any problems, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.