- Fastly's Legacy Full-site Delivery services
- Fastly's Legacy Media Shield
- Legacy Certificate Procurement, Management, and Hosting Service
- Legacy Customer-Provided TLS Certificate Hosting Service
- Legacy Platinum Support and SLA
- Legacy Premium Support and SLA
- Legacy Shared TLS and Shared TLS Wildcard Certificate Services
Fastly’s Streaming Delivery
Last updated August 09, 2019
Fastly’s Streaming Delivery allows you to scale your streaming content delivery when you will not be using your Fastly services for any of the other HTTP content formats supported by Fastly’s Full Site Delivery.
NOTE: Fastly's Streaming Delivery is a subset of Fastly's Full-Site Delivery and it must be configured in an account separate from other Fastly accounts to allow for separate billing and invoices.
If you have your own video packaging infrastructure, Fastly can act as a globally distributed HTTP streaming network to improve quality of service and increase viewer capacity for both your live and Video On Demand (VOD) content. When a manifest or video segment is requested by an end user's player, your Fastly Streaming Delivery will pull the requested content from your origin media servers and subsequent requests for that stream will be served from Fastly's POPs instead of your origin servers.
Fastly's Streaming Delivery supports the following HTTP-based media streaming protocols:
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)
- HTTP Smooth Streaming (HSS)
- Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH)
You can also use Fastly’s Full Site Delivery to configure and control live streaming and VOD caching.
NOTE: Fastly maintains partnerships with Google and Microsoft that may provide discounts on outbound data transfer traffic to customers who qualify and configure their Fastly services correctly. See our integrations guides for additional details.