- Assurance Services
- Cloud Optimizer
- DDoS Protection and Mitigation Service and SLA
- Dedicated IP addresses
- Fastly product lifecycle
- Fastly’s Full-Site Delivery
- Fastly's Media Shield
- Fastly's On-the-Fly Packaging service
- Fastly’s Streaming Delivery
- HIPAA-Compliant Caching and Delivery
- Live Event Monitoring Service
- Logging Insights Package
- Origin Connect
- PCI-Compliant Caching and Delivery
- Performance Optimization Package
- Platform TLS Certificate Management Product
- Professional Services
- Related offerings
- Service availability SLA
- Subscriber Provided Prefix
- Summary product definitions
- Support description and SLA
- Technical Account Management
- TLS オプション
- TLS service options
- WAF Quick Start Package
- WAF Support and SLA
- WAF Tuning Package
- WAF Tuning Plus Package
Fastly’s Streaming Delivery
Last updated August 09, 2019
Fastly’s Streaming Delivery allows you to scale your streaming content delivery when you will not be using your Fastly services for any of the other HTTP content formats supported by Fastly’s Full Site Delivery.
NOTE: Fastly's Streaming Delivery is a subset of Fastly's Full-Site Delivery and it must be configured in an account separate from other Fastly accounts to allow for separate billing and invoices.
If you have your own video packaging infrastructure, Fastly can act as a globally distributed HTTP streaming network to improve quality of service and increase viewer capacity for both your live and Video On Demand (VOD) content. When a manifest or video segment is requested by an end user's player, your Fastly Streaming Delivery will pull the requested content from your origin media servers and subsequent requests for that stream will be served from Fastly's POPs instead of your origin servers.
Fastly's Streaming Delivery supports the following HTTP-based media streaming protocols:
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)
- HTTP Smooth Streaming (HSS)
- Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH)
You can also use Fastly’s Full Site Delivery to configure and control live streaming and VOD caching.
NOTE: Fastly maintains partnerships with Google and Microsoft that may provide discounts on outbound data transfer traffic to customers who qualify and configure their Fastly services correctly. See our integrations guides for additional details.