About the Secure page
Last updated 2023-05-01
Be sure you know how to access the web interface controls before learning about each of the pages you'll encounter there.
From the Secure page, you can access the:
- Overview tab, which provides introductions to various security offerings that can help you protect your services and links you to more information about them. If you have a Signal Sciences account, you can log in to it directly from this page.
- TLS management tab, where you can add HTTPS to your domains for additional privacy and data security for services. You can either upload your own TLS certificates or have Fastly manage this for you.
- Edge rate limiting tab, where you can implement a rate limiting policy to control the rate of requests sent to your origin servers.
- DDoS mitigation tab, where you can contact us for help with a current threat or to protect a specific event. Fastly’s high-bandwidth globally distributed network was built with “always-on” DDoS mitigation designed to absorb DDoS attacks. If you currently have a sustained DDoS threat risk or a short term or seasonal event to protect, however, you can also purchase a DDoS Protection and Mitigation Service that provides additional Fastly resources to assist you with mitigating the service and financial impacts of DDoS and related attacks.
- Next-Gen WAF tab, where you can log in to your Signal Sciences account if you have one or contact us for information on the Fastly Next-Gen WAF (powered by Signal Sciences). You can use a WAF to protect your applications from malicious attacks designed to compromise web servers.
- Legacy WAF tab, which lists the services where Fastly's WAF 2020 or original WAF products are enabled.