Security support description and SLA
Last updated 2023-04-05
Security support availability and response times vary depending on the type of account you have and the level of support you have purchased, including those in any packaged offering. The following table summarizes those offerings:
|Support Offering||Standard Support||Gold Support||Enterprise Support|
|Online Self-Service Help||Unlimited access.||Unlimited access.||Unlimited access.|
|Availability for General Inquiries||Business hours.||Business hours.||24/7/365.|
|Availability for Incident Reports||Business hours, including weekends & holidays.||24/7/365.||24/7/365.|
|Initial Response Times for Urgent - Critical Impact (P0) issues||1 business day with updates every 4 business days||60 minutes or less with updates every 2 hours (24/7/365)||15 minutes or less with updates every 2 hours (24/7/365)|
|Email support||Available.||Available, with priority over Standard Support.||Available, with priority over Standard and Gold Support.|
|Phone support||Not available.||Not available.||Toll-free telephone available 24/7/365.|
|Chat channel support||Not available.||Not available.||Dedicated chat channel available during Fastly business hours.|
|Security Technical Account Manager||Not available.||Not available.||Available for purchase.|
- "Business Hours" are 8AM-6PM during a Business Day in California, New York, London, or Tokyo.
- "Business Days" are Monday through Friday, excluding any day that is simultaneously a US, UK, and Japanese national or banking holiday.
- An "Incident" is an occurrence during which end users' use of your services is adversely impacted.
- "Urgent - Critical Impact (P0)" issues have confirmed errors in a production environment that make a solution, its features, or its functionality completely unavailable to users.
- "High - Serious Impact (P1)" issues have confirmed errors in a production environment that cause significant loss of functionality for a primary feature of a solution that has notable impacts to customer business.
- "Normal - Minor Impact (P2)" issues have confirmed errors in a production environment that cause partial loss of functionality of a non-significant feature or a significant cosmetic issue with the web interface. This severity level also applies to identified errors in a non-production environment.
- "Low - Minor Impact (P3)" issues have confirmed errors that cause minor cosmetic issues with the web interface. This severity level also applies to feature requests and general questions about functionality.
- A "confirmed error" is any failure of the Next-Gen WAF to meet Fastly's specifications outlined in the relevant documentation, found in production uses, and that can reasonably be reproduced by Fastly.
The following section applies to all subscribers. To ensure accurate responses, you must keep your account contact information up-to-date. Subscribers can submit support requests by visiting https://support.fastly.com/ or they use one of the additional options described below.
Fastly Next-Gen WAF includes access to a support portal that allows you to submit requests for support online, update existing support tickets, and track the status of support tickets. As part of submitting a request via the support portal, you may designate a proposed severity level for the issue being reported, but the ultimate classification of a request will be determined by Fastly based on various factors including input you provide.
Fastly's technical support staff can be contacted via email@example.com during standard business hours. All support tickets generated by email will be designated with a P2 severity level.
Subscribers to Enterprise Security Support receive a dedicated chat channel for real-time communications to discuss general security product support topics and questions during business hours or as needed by Fastly personnel. Though subject to change, Fastly's current chat provider is Slack (www.slack.com).
Subscribers to Enterprise Security Support receive a dedicated, toll-free phone number to contact Fastly support engineers. Fastly personnel can also establish audio and video conferencing (free app or browser plug-in required) for real-time voice and video communications.
The following section applies to all subscribers.
The following table summarizes the response times based on the severity of the reported issue and the type of support you have purchased.
|Issue severity level||Standard Support||Gold Support||Enterprise Support|
|Urgent - Critical Impact (P0)||1 business day with updates every 4 business days||60 minutes or less with updates every 2 hours (24/7/365)||15 minutes or less with updates every 2 hours (24/7/365)|
|High - Serious Impact (P1)||1 business day with updates every 4 business days||4 business hours with updates every 12 business hours||4 business hours with updates every 12 business hours|
|Normal - Minor Impact (P2)||1 business day with updates every 4 business days||1 business day with updates every 4 business days||1 business day with updates every 4 business days|
|Low - Minor Impact (P3)||2 business days with no further updates||2 business days with no further updates||2 business days with no further updates|
For all incidents:
- If the incident-causing factors are within Fastly's control, there will be no hourly charges for Fastly engineering staff time.
- If the factors are within your control, you agree to pay Fastly its hourly charges for Fastly engineering staff time. If it appears likely the factors are within your control, you may tell Fastly staff to stop working on troubleshooting the incident (thereby stopping the hourly charges from being incurred). You agree to tell Fastly to stop working on an incident via an email sent to Fastly's incident support email address. The timestamp on the email will be the time charges cease to be incurred.
In the event a P0 incident occurs, you have purchased Gold or Enterprise Security Support, the cause of the incident is within Fastly's control, and the communication or response timeframes are materially not met, a one-time credit of $500 per incident will be credited to your account.
- Requests for Invoice Credits must be made within 30 days of the incident which triggered the service credit.
- All requests for invoice credits must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To the extent you purchase Enterprise Security Support a la carte and not as part of a packaged offering, in no event shall Invoice Credits exceed the invoice value for Enterprise Security Support in the month in which they are accrued.
- A pending credit does not release you from its obligation to pay Fastly's submitted invoices in full when due.
- Invoice credits will be applied to the invoice generated two months following the month in which the credits were incurred.
- If in any three-month period where three (3) or more support response time objectives are not met and the failure to meet the objectives materially adversely impacted you, you will have 30 days to terminate the Gold or Enterprise Security Support subscription following the third response failure. You must notify Fastly of your intention to terminate the Enterprise Security Support subscription within 30 days of the triggering event. Please note, the termination right discussed in this paragraph does not apply when Gold or Enterprise Security Support are purchased as part of a packaged offering.