- Fastly's Legacy Full-site Delivery services
- Fastly's Legacy Media Shield
- Legacy Certificate Procurement, Management, and Hosting Service
- Legacy Customer-Provided TLS Certificate Hosting Service
- Legacy Platinum Support and SLA
- Legacy Premium Support and SLA
- Legacy Shared TLS and Shared TLS Wildcard Certificate Services
Live Event Monitoring Service
Last updated June 25, 2020
With Fastly’s Live Event Monitoring Service, our Customer Support engineers will monitor your scheduled event's performance and help troubleshoot issues with your Fastly service. We will also alert you as we detect issues with internet congestion and with upstream or downstream providers. We do this in real time throughout your event using a dedicated chat channel. This allows you to receive alerts and notifications as well as ask questions without losing time spent contacting support and recounting what the issue is. Fastly’s Live Event Monitoring Service is performed from Fastly’s offices and does not include support on-site at your facilities.
For additional information about this service, contact email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: This information is part of a limited availability release. For more information, see our product and feature lifecycle descriptions.
To use the Live Event Monitoring Service, you must purchase a paid account with a contract for Fastly's services.
You must schedule the start and end times of your event. These times will appear on your service order.
Event Monitoring service features
For the duration of your scheduled event, the Live Event Monitoring service reserves Fastly support staff who will perform the following:
- Drops or spikes in bandwidth and request levels
- 5xx and 4xx errors
- Cache hit ratio
- Origin latency
- Upstream issues with origin
- Internet congestion events
Alerting and real-time communication:
- Kick-off call to define alerting thresholds
- Real-time notifications via instant messaging
- Rapid response from personnel who know your configuration and have been monitoring the scheduled event
- Accelerated escalation to senior support teams
In the course of performing Live Event Monitoring services, Fastly may collect and store a copy of logging information from Fastly Services by establishing a logging endpoint in your service configuration that will securely collect logging information in a third-party storage provider. When you purchase Live Event Monitoring services, you allow Fastly to access and use the logs exclusively for providing performance management, monitoring, and troubleshooting of your Fastly services during the event and for analysis after the event. Logged data will be deleted on a rolling basis and in any event retained no longer than thirty (30) days unless otherwise agreed to by you.Back to Top