About the billing overview page
Last updated 2023-11-22
The billing overview page allows you to view bill-related metrics for your account broken down by product and region over key, monthly timeframes. These metrics provide insights into what you're being charged for by Fastly and how that amount applies to the various products you've purchased and the regions in which traffic to your services operates.
Be sure you know how to access the web interface controls before learning about the information you'll encounter here.
When your user role allows you access to this page, a series of graphs appear:
- the Total bill graph, which displays the total US dollar amount that Fastly has billed your account over a specific time period
- the Full-Site Delivery bill graph, which displays the total US dollar amount your account has been billed for the Fastly Full-Site Delivery portion of your account's bill over a specific time period
- the Compute bill graph, which displays the total US dollar amount your account has been billed for Compute platform operations over a specific time period
- the Bandwidth graph, which displays the total bandwidth in gigabytes that has been processed for your account over a specific time period
- the Requests graph, which displays the total number of requests processed for your account over a specific time period
- the Other services & products graph, which displays the total US dollar amount that Fastly has billed your account for all Fastly products and services, not including Full-Site Delivery and Compute, over a specific time period
- the Regional bills graph, which displays how much you were billed for Fastly products and services within each geographical region of the world, excluding non-regional offerings, over a specific time period
When reviewing the metrics displayed on the billing graphs, keep the following things in mind:
- Data doesn't appear in real time. Unlike the metrics displayed in the Observability page graphs, data for billing metrics does not appear in real-time nor for time periods shorter than one month.
- Dollar amounts shown are for US dollars. For any graph displaying monetary amounts, these amounts appear in US dollars only.
You can interact with and control the billing graphs as follows.
By default any graph that displays metrics for regional offerings displays data for all regions. You can change these to display data for specific regions by selecting a specific region from the Region menu near the top of each graph.
Likewise, the Regional bills graph displays metrics for all products you currently pay for. You can change this to display data for a specific offering by selecting it from the Product menu near the top of the graph.
By default all graphs display billing data for the past six months. You can change this by selecting a new time frame from the month control at the top of the page to a maximum of 24 months.
You can print a report of your billing data by selecting Print from the Export menu at the top of the page. This will launch the printing controls for your browser and allow you to send the report to a printer or create a PDF version of the data for the time period you've selected.
You can create an exportable version of your billing data by selecting Export to CSV from the Export menu at the top of the page. This will automatically download a CSV-formatted text file to a local directory.
Dig deeper into details about all areas of the web interface controls before you move on to using them to work with services.