Last updated 2023-03-22
Fastly offers a variety of account types, which we detail below.
We provide several ways to give Fastly a try before you purchase anything. Use a trial account to get hands-on experience exploring the capabilities of our platforms.
We offer a development trial that allows you to test our delivery services by simply signing up. We allow you to test up to $50 of traffic per month for free to ensure everything fits your requirements. You can pay as you go from there by switching to a paid account directly in the web interface. Keep in mind that some add-on options (bringing your own TLS certificates, for example) require you to switch your account to a paid account before that functionality becomes available to you.
We offer a trial of Compute that allows you to gain experience working with Fastly's serverless edge platform. We allow you to test up to $50 of Compute charges. Once you've signed up for a Fastly account, start your trial by navigating to the Compute tab in the web interface and then following the on-screen prompts. Use the trial to test how serverless application concepts created in your non-production environment can be deployed to the Fastly Edge.
Keep in mind the limitations that apply to all trials:
- Trial accounts are not designed for use with production traffic or workloads.
- Trials do not include customer support for Compute issues, nor are the service availability SLAs applicable. Only paid accounts include this support and the associated SLAs.
- Specific resource allocation limitations apply during your Compute trial. Compute has a lower resource allocation that can only be increased or removed if you upgrade to a paid account, at which point normal limitations and constraints apply. Contact email@example.com for more information.
You can easily sign up for a paid Fastly account via our web interface or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can use Fastly's delivery services on a month-to-month basis across our global regions. Start by signing up for a trial, explore a bit, and then, when you're ready to start pushing production traffic our way, upgrade your account directly in the web interface.
Once you switch to a paid account, the developer account trial option disappears and we'll begin billing you automatically at the end of every month using your credit card information. You can estimate your monthly delivery charges by using the pricing estimator on our pricing page. For more detailed information on those monthly charges, including how we measure your usage and when we charge you for it, see our guide to how we calculate your bill.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information if you plan to push at least 2TB of data per month for delivery and require one of our TLS service options, if you plan to push a minimum of 4TB of data per month, or if you want to purchase our Gold or Enterprise support offerings. We also offer solutions targeted to the needs of specific industries.
If you signed up for a paid Fastly account via a method other than our web interface, refer to your contract with Fastly for specific details about your services.
To upgrade your account for Compute services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can upgrade your account for delivery services directly in the web interface by following these steps:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface.
From the account menu, select Billing.
Click Upgrade account.
Click the Paid account plan option.
Agree to Fastly's Terms of Service by selecting the I agree to the terms of service checkbox.
Click Upgrade Account. The development trial option disappears.
You can cancel your account at any time. Have your account owner follow these steps:
- Deactivate and then delete all services on your account.
- If you’ve purchased one of Fastly's hosted or managed certificate options, contact support to begin the process of deleting your certificates.
- From the account menu, click Account.
- In the Company settings area, click Cancel Account.
- In the Your password field of the confirmation window, enter the password associated with your account and click Confirm and Cancel.
After your account is canceled, you'll be billed for any outstanding charges accrued through the day you canceled. For questions about your final billing statement, contact our billing team for assistance. If you decide at a later date to reactivate your account, contact support and request reactivation.