Accounts and pricing plans
Last updated 2022-05-10
Fastly offers a variety of account types, which we detail below.
Free trial accounts
We provide several ways to give Fastly a try free of charge. Use a free trial to get hands-on experience exploring the capabilities of our platforms.
Free trials for delivery services
We offer a development free trial that allows you to test our delivery services free of charge by simply signing up. We allow you to test up to $50 of traffic per month for free to ensure everything fits your requirements. You can pay as you go from there by switching to a paid account directly in the web interface. Keep in mind that some add-on options (our TLS certificate options, for example) require you to switch your account to a paid account before that functionality becomes available to you.
Free trials for Compute@Edge services
We offer a free trial of Compute@Edge that allows you to gain experience working with Fastly's serverless edge platform. We allow you to test up to $50 of Compute charges. Once you've signed up for a Fastly account, start your free trial by navigating to the Compute tab in the web interface and then following the on-screen prompts. Use the free trial to test how serverless application concepts created in your non-production environment can be deployed to the Fastly Edge.
Limitations on free trials
Keep in mind the limitations that apply to all free trials:
- Free trial accounts are not designed for use with production traffic or workloads.
- Free trials do not include customer support for Compute@Edge issues, nor are the service availability SLAs applicable. Only paid accounts include this support and the associated SLAs.
- Specific resource allocation limitations apply during your Compute@Edge free trial. Compute@Edge has a lower resource allocation that can only be increased or removed if you upgrade to a paid account, at which point normal limitations and constraints apply. Contact email@example.com for more information.
You can easily sign up for a paid Fastly account via our web interface or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Signing up for a paid account online
You can use Fastly's delivery services on a month-to-month basis across our global regions. Start by signing up for a free trial, explore a bit, and then, when you're ready to start pushing production traffic our way, upgrade your account directly in the web interface.
Once you switch to a paid account, the developer account trial option disappears and we'll begin billing you automatically at the end of every month using your credit card information. You can estimate your monthly delivery charges by using the pricing estimator on our pricing page. For more detailed information on those monthly charges, including how we measure your usage and when we charge you for it, see our guide to how we calculate your bill.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information if you plan to push at least 2TB of data per month for delivery and require one of our TLS service options, if you plan to push a minimum of 4TB of data per month, or if you want to purchase our Gold or Enterprise support offerings. We also offer solutions targeted to the needs of specific industries.
Other paid accounts
If you signed up for a paid Fastly account via a method other than our web interface, refer to your contract with Fastly for specific details about your services.
Fastly's open source and non-profit program
Upgrading your account
To upgrade your account for Compute@Edge services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can upgrade your account for delivery services directly in the web interface by following these steps:
- Log in to the Fastly web interface.
- From the account menu, select Billing. Your account's billing information appears.
Click the Upgrade account link. Information about your plan's current account type appears.
- Click the Paid account plan option.
- Agree to Fastly's Terms of Service by selecting the I agree to the terms of service checkbox.
- Click the Upgrade Account button. The development trial option disappears.
Canceling your account
You can cancel your account at any time. Have your account owner follow these steps:
- Deactivate and then delete all services on your account.
- If you’ve purchased one of Fastly's hosted or managed certificate options, contact email@example.com to begin the process of deleting your certificates.
- From the user menu, click Account. Your account information appears.
- In the Company settings area, click the Cancel Account button. A confirmation window appears.
- In the Your password field of the confirmation window, enter the password associated with your account and click Confirm and Cancel.
After your account is canceled, you'll be billed for any outstanding charges accrued through the day you canceled. For questions about your final billing statement, contact our billing team for assistance. If you decide at a later date to reactivate your account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request reactivation.