- Fastly Status
Log streaming: FTP
Last updated July 10, 2017
Fastly's Real-Time Log Streaming feature can send log files to password-protected and anonymous FTP servers.
Adding FTP as a logging endpoint
Follow these instructions to add FTP as a logging endpoint:
- Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
Click the FTP image. The Create a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) endpoint page appears.
- Fill out the Create a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Name field, type a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Log format field, optionally type an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. The Apache Common Log format string appears in this field by default.
- In the Timestamp format field, optionally type a timestamp format for log files. The default is an
strftimecompatible string. Our guide on changing where log files are written provides more information.
- In the Address field, type the hostname or IP address of the FTP server. In the port field, type the port number you're using for FTP (the default is
- In the Path field, optionally type the path to store the files. The path ends with a trailing slash. If this field is left empty, the files will be saved in the root path. Our guide on changing where log files are written provides more information.
- In the User field, type the username used to authenticate to the FTP server. For anonymous access, use the username
- In the Password field, type the password used to authenticate to the FTP server. For anonymous access, use an email address as the password.
- In the PGP public key field, optionally type a PGP public key that Fastly will use to encrypt your log files before writing them to disk. You will only be able to read the contents by decrypting them with your private key. The PGP key should be in PEM (Privacy-Enhanced Mail) format. See our guide on log encryption for more information.
- In the Period field, type an interval (in seconds) to control how frequently your log files are rotated. This value defaults to
Click the Advanced options link of the Create a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) endpoint page and decide which of the optional fields to change, if any.
- Fill out the Advanced options of the Create a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) endpoint page as follows:
- In the Select a log line format area, select the log line format for your log messages. Our guide on changing log line formats provides more information.
- In the Gzip Level field, optionally type the level of gzip compression you want applied to the log files. You can specify any whole number from
1(fastest and least compressed) to
9(slowest and most compressed). This value defaults to
- Click the Create button to create the new logging endpoint.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.