Log streaming: Loggly
Last updated November 06, 2019
NOTE: Fastly does not provide direct support for third-party services. See Fastly's Terms of Service for more information.
If you don't already have a Loggly account, you'll need to register for one. Follow the signup instructions on the Loggly website.
Follow the steps below to find your Loggly customer token:
Navigate to the Customer Tokens area in the Source Setup on your Loggly dashboard.
Make note of your Loggly customer token. Loggly uses this to associate data you send them with your account.
Adding Loggly as a logging endpoint
After you've created a Loggly account and obtained your customer token, follow these instructions to add Loggly as a logging endpoint for Fastly services:
- Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
Click the Loggly Create endpoint button. The Create a Loggly endpoint page appears.
- Fill out the Create a Loggly endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Name field, type a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Log format field, optionally type an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. The Apache Common Log format string appears in this field by default. Our discussion of format strings provides more information.
- In the Token field, type your Loggly customer token.
Click the Advanced options link of the Create a Loggly endpoint page. The Advanced options appear.
- In the Placement area, select where the logging call should be placed in the generated VCL. Valid values are Format Version Default, None, and waf_debug (waf_debug_log). Selecting None creates a logging object that can only be used in custom VCL. See our guide on WAF logging for more information about
- Click the Create button to create the new logging endpoint.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.