Log streaming: Storj DCS
Last updated June 09, 2021
NOTE: Fastly does not provide direct support for third-party services. See Fastly's Terms of Service for more information.
Adding Storj DCS as a logging endpoint
Follow these instructions to add Storj DCS as a logging endpoint:
- Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
Click the Amazon Web Services S3 logo. The Create an Amazon S3 endpoint page appears.
- Fill out the Create an Amazon S3 endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Name field, enter a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Placement area, select where the logging call should be placed in the generated VCL. Valid values are Format Version Default, waf_debug (waf_debug_log), and None. See our guide on changing log placement for more information.
- In the Log format field, optionally enter an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. Our discussion of format strings provides more information.
- In the Timestamp format field, optionally enter a timestamp format for log files. The default is an
strftimecompatible string. Our guide on changing where log files are written provides more information.
- In the Bucket name field, enter the name of the Storj DCS bucket in which to store the logs.
- In the Access method area, select User Credentials.
- In the Access key field, enter the access key associated with the Storj DCS bucket.
- In the Secret key field, enter the secret key associated with the Storj DCS bucket.
- In the Period field, optionally enter an interval (in seconds) to control how frequently your log files are rotated. This value defaults to
Click the Advanced options link of the Create a new S3 endpoint page.
- Fill out the rest of the Advanced options of the Create an Amazon S3 endpoint page as follows:
- In the Path field, optionally enter the path within the bucket to store the files. The path ends with a trailing slash. If this field is left empty, the files will be saved in the bucket's root path. Our guide on changing where log files are written provides more information.
- In the Domain field, enter the fully qualified hostname of any Storj DCS Gateway.
- In the PGP public key field, optionally enter a PGP public key that Fastly will use to encrypt your log files before writing them to disk. You will only be able to read the contents by decrypting them with your private key. The PGP key should be in PEM (Privacy-Enhanced Mail) format. See our guide on log encryption for more information.
- In the Select a log line format area, select the log line format for your log messages. Our guide on changing log line formats provides more information.
- In the Compression field, optionally select the compression format you want applied to the log files. Our guide on changing log compression options provides more information.
- From the Redundancy level menu, select a setting. This value defaults to Standard.
- In the Server side encryption area, optionally select an encryption method to protect files that Fastly writes to your Storj DCS bucket. Valid values are None and AES-256.
- Click the Create button to create the new logging endpoint.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.