Log streaming: Scalyr
Last updated 2021-06-09
Fastly does not provide direct support for third-party services. See Fastly's Terms of Service for more information.
If you don't already have a Scalyr account, you'll need to register for one. Follow the signup instructions on the Scalyr website.
Once you've signed up, navigate to the API Keys area in the Settings on your Scalyr dashboard and make note of your Scalyr Write Token. Scaylr uses this to associate data you send them with your account. You'll need this token when you set up your endpoint with Fastly.
If you're adding the Scalyr endpoint via the command line, instead of the web interface, you should also have your Fastly API token and the service ID and version number of the Fastly service for which you'll be enabling Scalyr logging.
Adding Scalyr as a logging endpoint
Follow these instructions to add Scalyr as a logging endpoint:
- Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
Click the Scalyr Create endpoint button. The Create a Scalyr endpoint page appears.
- Fill out the Create a Scalyr endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Name field, enter a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Placement area, select where the logging call should be placed in the generated VCL. Valid values are Format Version Default, waf_debug (waf_debug_log), and None. See our guide on changing log placement for more information.
- In the Log format field, optionally enter an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. Our discussion of format strings provides more information.
- In the Logfile field, optionally specify the log file name under which your logs will appear on Scalyr's Overview page. Defaults to
- In the Token field, enter the Scalyr Write Token provided in the Scalyr dashboard.
- From the Region menu, select the region to stream logs to.
- Click the Create button to create the new logging endpoint.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.