Compute@Edge log streaming: Datadog
Last updated 2022-05-10
Fastly's Real-Time Log Streaming feature for Compute@Edge services can be configured to send logs in a format readable by Datadog. Datadog is a cloud-based monitoring and analytics solution that allows you to see inside applications within your stack and aggregate the results.
Fastly does not provide direct support for third-party services. See Fastly's Terms of Service for more information.
Before adding Datadog as a logging endpoint for Fastly Compute@Edge services, you will need to:
- Register for a Datadog account. You can sign up for a Datadog account on their site. A free plan exists that has some restrictions or you can upgrade for more features. Where you register your Datadog setup, either in the United States (US) or the European Union (EU), will affect which commands you use during logging endpoint setup at Fastly.
Get your Datadog API key from your settings page on Datadog. In the Datadog interface, navigate to "Integrations -> APIs" where you'll be able to create or retrieve an API key.
This example displays the key
decafbaddeadbeef. Your API key will be different. Make a note of this key somewhere.
Adding Datadog as a logging endpoint
After you've created a Datadog account and noted your Datadog API key, follow the steps below to add Datadog as a logging endpoint for Fastly Compute@Edge services.
Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.TIP
- Click the Datadog Create endpoint button. The Create a Datadog endpoint page appears.
- Fill out the Create a Datadog endpoint fields as follows:
- Click the Create button to create the new logging endpoint.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.
Logs should begin appearing in your Datadog account a few seconds after you've created the endpoint and deployed your service changes. These logs can then be accessed via the Datadog Log Explorer on your Datadog account.