- Fastly Status
Log streaming: LogDNA
Last updated January 26, 2018
Fastly's Real-Time Log Streaming feature can be configured to send logs in a format that is readable by LogDNA. LogDNA is a cloud-based log management system that aggregates system and application logs into a single location.
NOTE: Fastly does not provide direct support for third-party services. See Fastly's Terms of Service for more information.
Before adding LogDNA as a logging endpoint for Fastly services, you'll need to perform the following steps:
- Sign up for a LogDNA account if you don't already have one. You can sign up for a free (but restricted plan) or upgrade a LogDNA plan to include more features.
- Set up a new LogDNA syslog source via the LogDNA web application by following their account-tailored log source instructions. Be sure to make note of the port number displayed at the end of the syslog URL when you complete set up. This is the port number you'll enter when setting up LogDNA as a logging endpoint for Fastly.
- Fetch the LogDNA root CA certificate and save it for use during endpoint setup.
Adding LogDNA as a logging endpoint
- Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
Click the syslog icon. The Create a Syslog endpoint page appears.
- Fill out the Create a Syslog endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Name field, type a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Log format field, optionally type an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. The Apache Common Log format string appears in this field by default. See our guidance on format strings for more information.
- In the Syslog address field, type
syslog-a.logdna.comin the domain field before the colon, and in the port field after the colon type the LogDNA port number you noted during your LogDNA account setup.
- From the TLS menu, select Yes to enable encryption for the syslog endpoint. The TLS Hostname and TLS CA Certificate fields will both appear.
- In the TLS Hostname field, type
syslog-a.logdna.com. This is the hostname Fastly will use to verify the syslog server's certificate.
- In the TLS CA certificate field, copy and paste the contents of the LogDNA root Certificate file you fetched.
- Click the Create button to create the new logging endpoint.
- Click the Activate button to deploy your configuration changes.
Logs should begin appearing in your LogDNA account a few seconds after you've created the endpoint and deployed your service.Back to Top