Log streaming: Logentries
You'll need to register for a Logentries account and create a new log in the Logentries application. Follow the instructions provided on the Logentries website. When creating the new log, be sure to select Manual Configuration and Token TCP. Make a note of the token provided in the Logentries interface — you'll need it in the next section.
Adding Logentries as a logging endpoint
After you've created a new log in Logentries and found the token, follow these instructions to add Logentries as a logging endpoint in the Fastly application:
- Review the information in our Setting Up Remote Log Streaming guide.
On the Logging page, find the Logentries endpoints area and click New.
The New Logentries endpoint window appears.
Fill out the New Logentries endpoint fields as follows:
- In the Name field, type a human-readable name for the endpoint.
- In the Port field, type
- In the Token field, type the token you found in the Logentries configuration panel.
- From the Use TLS menu, select Yes.
- In the Format String field, optionally type an Apache-style string or VCL variables to use for log formatting. The Apache Common Log format string appears in this field by default. See our guidance on format strings for more information.
Click Create to create the new logging endpoint.
Logentries maintains the Fastly Community Pack which leverages custom VCL to provide advanced User-Agent statistics, regional statistics, error tracking, and more.